• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Resident Defends himself

rob99vmi04

imported post

www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News

Dig the quote by the Police Union Chief at the End!

Timbers is on the mend, his union chief, Kris Baumann, told The Examiner.
“Thank God he’s going to be all right,” Baumann said. “And thank God he was able to defend himself.”

DC Politician most likely comback-Well he was a Police Officer and he should be able to defend himself.

Butlerite

imported post

So, is this the only incident that occurred in DC? Simply freaking amazing! And, of course, he happened to be a retired police chief! I am sorry for the guy, but they should not be the only ones able to carry!

richarcm

imported post

Everyone knows that police officer's lives are more important than us regular folk. Who else would write speeding tickets and support the donut industry?

TexasNative

imported post

That's what I always say: never pass up an opportunity to bash the law enforcement community. God knows they're all a bunch of JBTs deserving of nothing but our contempt.

[/sarcasm]

richarcm

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
That's what I always say: never pass up an opportunity to bash the law enforcement community. God knows they're all a bunch of JBTs deserving of nothing but our contempt.

[/sarcasm]
I have a state trooper in the family. I respect them but will always give them jabs when necessary.

hsmith

imported post

So if this was a "normal citizen" like you and I, he would have possibly been dead.

because he happened to have "special rights" he was able to defend himself and live another day. If it were a "regular person" he would have been chastised by the police, brought up on charges of having a firearm in DC, and who else knows what.

time to end this injustice and allow ALL citizens of DC the right to life!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So this story says "enjoying a cigarette in front of his home". Another story says "walking his dog".

In either case, he wasn't IN his home.

Ain't it a good thing he was a police officer. Anyone else would have been in jail first, THEN trying to prove self-defense. In DC, anyway.

And as a "retired" officer, how does he have a union chief?

Methinks stuff don't add up here. There's lots more to this story.

nova

imported post

I will hold my comments until the story is clarified. Too many inconsistencies.

Infidel

imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
http://www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News

Dig the quote by the Police Union Chief at the End!

Timbers is on the mend, his union chief, Kris Baumann, told The Examiner.
“Thank God he’s going to be all right,” Baumann said. “And thank God he was able to defend himself.”

DC Politician most likely comback-Well he was a Police Officer and he should be able to defend himself.

mpolo79

imported post

"One of the youths held up a handgun and said, “You know what time it is, don’t you?” a police source told The Examiner. Timbers reached for his service weapon and fired off two shots."

One thing is for sure, this guy had some brass cajones to be reaching for his weapon while those thugs had the drop on him. Either that or he knew, from the look in the thug's eye, that he had nothing to lose.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
"One of the youths held up a handgun and said, “You know what time it is, don’t you?” a police source told The Examiner. Timbers reached for his service weapon and fired off two shots."

One thing is for sure, this guy had some brass cajones to be reaching for his weapon while those thugs had the drop on him. Either that or he knew, from the look in the thug's eye, that he had nothing to lose.
That is when it gets really scary:what: