• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I open carry at these locations?

Johnson184

imported post

I got to a shooting range with my father every few weeks. It's on federal ground, but we've yet to see anyone else using it. It's closed off to the public and is strictly for employees and their friends/family. Would it be alright to open carry a pistol there?

Can I also open carry anywhere on my property? Would I be allowed to open carry on my front yard, driveway, etc.? I'm slightly worried as I live next to one neighbor whose whole family is very very anti-gun. The adults that live there almost pooped their pants when they saw me take a shotgun out of my trunk into my house a few weeks ago. I don't want them calling the police on me for no reason.

okiephlyer

imported post

Disclaimer - IANAL

My understanding is that on your own property, open carry is legal. Step into the street to get your mail and you are now violating the law.

Meybe your neighbors need to see you OC on a regular basis so they start to understand that you are not a threat. It may take a while, but stick to it.