Thread: sig mosquito

Post imported post

i wanted to know if this was a good handgun to buy. i have heard that only cci mini mags work in it. I was wondering if anyone had any thing that they would like to say about it. Also ive been deciding whether to get a ruger single six or a sig mosquito. Thanks

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

gunsinaz wrote:
    i wanted to know if this was a good handgun to buy. i have heard that only cci mini mags work in it. I was wondering if anyone had any thing that they would like to say about it. Also ive been deciding whether to get a ruger single six or a sig mosquito. Thanks
    For a .22, it's a nicely balanced little piece. I bought mine for plinking; I have absolutely no intention of carrying it for self-defense. Like my .22 NAA, it's better than nothing, but I don't want to have to place shots that precisely if I'm in fear for my life.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

My brother in law has one and it's nice. It feels good in my hand and shoots really well.

Post imported post

Sig Mosquito?

Is that anything like a Noisy Cricket?

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    Sig Mosquito?

Is that anything like a Noisy Cricket?

...Orygunner...
    If it is... I will take a dozen... Until I get paid... Than a dozen more...

Post imported post

We've got one and it's a great little gun for plinking and training the kids. My 14yo DD pretty much decided it's hers after I took her shooting. She's been practicing on her 20-06 and her dad's 7 mm mag rifles for hunting season but fell in love with this pistol.

The cci minimags do feed the best but after the break in period we bought a box of Remington Cyclones (super cheap) and they don't seem to have any more feed issues than the mini mags now. Occasionally you'll get one but it's just a range toy for us so this isn't an issue. Also gives the kids opportunity to learn how to clear a variety of malfunctions.

Post imported post

Wow. a Sig Mosquito is much bigger than I thought (I expected it to be the size of a Kel-Tec P3AT or smaller)

Nope. a bit bigger. Nice looking gun.

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    Wow. a Sig Mosquito is much bigger than I thought (I expected it to be the size of a Kel-Tec P3AT or smaller)

Nope. a bit bigger. Nice looking gun.

...Orygunner...
    Aren't they 90% the size of the 226 or something like that?

Post imported post

mercutio545 wrote:

Aren't they 90% the size of the 226 or something like that?"

I have a 229 and the Mosquito and most of the dimensions are so close they look the same size. The grip is a little narrower on the mosquito but the length (not including the threaded barrel on the skeeto) is the same. That's actually one of the reasons we bought it. We figured since we have 229's in the 40 and the 9mm getting the .22 would be very helpful for practicing drawing from the holster and training the kids.

Being a female my motto is "Guns are like shoes, if you find one you like should buy one in every caliber!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

NWGirl wrote:
    Being a female my motto is "Guns are like shoes, if you find one you like should buy one in every caliber!
    Ooooohhhh. I LIKE that!!!!!

Guess it explains why I have Bersa Thunder .380, Bersa Thunder 380Plus, Bersa Thunder 9mm, Bersa Thunder .40, and Bersa Thunder .45, eh?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

lol, Yeah, I guess that would explain it!

Post imported post

This is how the one in the case at Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk looks... You just paya little extra for the "privilege" to have that handy dandy "my-neighbors-didn't-hear-me-dispatch-that-varmint" attachment....

Post imported post

I drool over that gun every time I go to Bob's... in the end though, I just think with the extra money the silencer costs, I could just use my P-01 and pay the neighbors to look the other way.

Post imported post

I have thoroughly enjoyed mine. It also serves to teach my granddaughter how to shoot.

Post imported post

Hello
    Do not buy the mosquito I had two brand new out of the box both would not fire and kept jamming. The poor excuse from sig sorry the slides are not made where the frames are. Any gun you find in a gutter would be better than a new Sig mosquito