• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sig mosquito

gunsinaz

imported post

i wanted to know if this was a good handgun to buy. i have heard that only cci mini mags work in it. I was wondering if anyone had any thing that they would like to say about it. Also ive been deciding whether to get a ruger single six or a sig mosquito. Thanks

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

gunsinaz wrote:
i wanted to know if this was a good handgun to buy. i have heard that only cci mini mags work in it. I was wondering if anyone had any thing that they would like to say about it. Also ive been deciding whether to get a ruger single six or a sig mosquito. Thanks
For a .22, it's a nicely balanced little piece. I bought mine for plinking; I have absolutely no intention of carrying it for self-defense. Like my .22 NAA, it's better than nothing, but I don't want to have to place shots that precisely if I'm in fear for my life.

Orygunner

imported post

Sig Mosquito?

Is that anything like a Noisy Cricket?

noisycricket.jpg

...Orygunner...

NWGirl

imported post

We've got one and it's a great little gun for plinking and training the kids. My 14yo DD pretty much decided it's hers after I took her shooting. She's been practicing on her 20-06 and her dad's 7 mm mag rifles for hunting season but fell in love with this pistol.

The cci minimags do feed the best but after the break in period we bought a box of Remington Cyclones (super cheap) and they don't seem to have any more feed issues than the mini mags now. Occasionally you'll get one but it's just a range toy for us so this isn't an issue. Also gives the kids opportunity to learn how to clear a variety of malfunctions. :)

Orygunner

imported post

Wow. a Sig Mosquito is much bigger than I thought (I expected it to be the size of a Kel-Tec P3AT or smaller)

sig_mosquito.jpg

Nope. a bit bigger. Nice looking gun.

...Orygunner...

mercutio545

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Wow. a Sig Mosquito is much bigger than I thought (I expected it to be the size of a Kel-Tec P3AT or smaller)

sig_mosquito.jpg

Nope. a bit bigger. Nice looking gun.

...Orygunner...
Aren't they 90% the size of the 226 or something like that?

NWGirl

imported post

mercutio545 wrote:

Aren't they 90% the size of the 226 or something like that?"

I have a 229 and the Mosquito and most of the dimensions are so close they look the same size. The grip is a little narrower on the mosquito but the length (not including the threaded barrel on the skeeto) is the same. That's actually one of the reasons we bought it. We figured since we have 229's in the 40 and the 9mm getting the .22 would be very helpful for practicing drawing from the holster and training the kids.

Being a female my motto is "Guns are like shoes, if you find one you like should buy one in every caliber! :D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NWGirl wrote:
Being a female my motto is "Guns are like shoes, if you find one you like should buy one in every caliber! :D
Ooooohhhh. I LIKE that!!!!!

Guess it explains why I have Bersa Thunder .380, Bersa Thunder 380Plus, Bersa Thunder 9mm, Bersa Thunder .40, and Bersa Thunder .45, eh?

tapper95

imported post

This is how the one in the case at Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk looks... You just paya little extra for the "privilege" to have that handy dandy "my-neighbors-didn't-hear-me-dispatch-that-varmint" attachment....

mosquito.jpg

Fawkes

imported post

I drool over that gun every time I go to Bob's... in the end though, I just think with the extra money the silencer costs, I could just use my P-01 and pay the neighbors to look the other way.

mike45acp

imported post

Hello
Do not buy the mosquito I had two brand new out of the box both would not fire and kept jamming. The poor excuse from sig sorry the slides are not made where the frames are. Any gun you find in a gutter would be better than a new Sig mosquito