• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

REAL ID COMES TO MICHIGAN

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

GOA will also have a talk on REAL ID which is slipping through the state legislature even as you read this. The talk will be in the same conference room as the MOC event. For more see below.

Subject:It’s REAL ID time in Michigan

Call immediately to stop the privacy invasion!
Call Gov. Granholm and tell her: OPPOSE AND VETO IF NECESSARY, ANY REAL ID TRACKING OF YOUR LIFE THROUGH DRIVER LICENSE ISSUANCE!

1 (517) 373-3400 if busy (517) 335-7858.

Sent: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:38:18 -0400
Subject: Its REAL

Michigan stands poised to enter into a formal legal agreement to create new drivers licenses that would contain computer chips and that would share drivers license data with foreign governments like Canada and Mexico. It also would set Michigan on course to become REAL ID compliant. Michigan needs to join withfreedom lovingstatessuch asMontana, Alaska, Maine, South Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, Washington, Idaho, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and others who have said "NO" to these national ID cards that will rob us of our Constitutionally mandated and God given rights.

Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 3:31 PM
To: Davidek, Robert P; WWJ Newsroom
Subject: REAL ID opponent in Lansing Tuesday

http://stoprealidcoalition.com/ (possible update later today)

WHEN: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, 9/23/2008

WHAT: Informational hearing for Michigan House members, prior to their afternoon session

WHERE: Room 426, Capitol Building, Lansing 48906

SPONSORSED BY: State Rep. John Garfield, House District 45, Rochester Hills

WHY: "REAL ID enrolls Americans into a single globalidentification system. It will create seamless borders and result in massive identity theft. The federal government has taken a sledgehammer to fix what a hammer can do." -- Comments by Mark Lerner to a U.S. House committee with oversight of the Department of Homeland Security. Lerner reports that 20 states have rejected REAL ID, either by law or resolution.

[url]http://www.gunowners.org/a021705.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.gunowners.org/a062207.htm[/url]

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/12/goa-opposes-maximum-mike.html

Gosirr

imported post

Is this a tenth amendment issue?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

example:

In 1997, the Court again ruled that a federal act, this time the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, violated the Tenth Amendment (Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997)). The act required state and local law enforcement officials to conduct background checks on persons attempting to purchase handguns. Justice Scalia, writing for the majority, applied New York v. United States to show that the law violated the Tenth Amendment. Since the act “forced participation of the State’s executive in the actual administration of a federal program,” it was unconstitutional.

Moooose102

imported post

it has been a while since i was here, and this is the first i have heard of this. how did it go? is there anything that now can/should be done to stop this?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Moooose102 wrote:
it has been a while since i was here, and this is the first i have heard of this. how did it go? is there anything that now can/should be done to stop this?
I think it's in the senate. Contact your senator.

Michigander

imported post

Makes me glad to be in Arizona!

:celebrate:celebrate

However, I will most definitely be telling my family and friends to call Jenny, and harass their senators.