Thread: county park question

Post imported post

is it ok to carry in county parks in colorado open or conceled? I havewanted to stop at horsetooth and carter lake a few times but i wasnt sure about having my pistol on me at the time. Any help would be great!!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

CC cannot be prohibited. On OC, signage rules the day. No county, outside of Denver which does operate some mountain parks, can ban OC without signs posted at each public entrance:

CRS 29-11.7-104. Regulation - carrying - posting.
    A local government may enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government's jurisdiction. If a local government enacts an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area, the local government shall post signs at the public entrances to the building or specific area informing persons that the open carrying of firearms is prohibited in the building or specific area.

Post imported post

Centsi is correct, but there are many illegal no-guns signs in various parks. See also http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum13/16173.htmlregarding state parks.