• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

county park question

sailarmy

imported post

is it ok to carry in county parks in colorado open or conceled? I havewanted to stop at horsetooth and carter lake a few times but i wasnt sure about having my pistol on me at the time. Any help would be great!!

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CC cannot be prohibited. On OC, signage rules the day. No county, outside of Denver which does operate some mountain parks, can ban OC without signs posted at each public entrance:

CRS 29-11.7-104. Regulation - carrying - posting.
A local government may enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government's jurisdiction. If a local government enacts an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area, the local government shall post signs at the public entrances to the building or specific area informing persons that the open carrying of firearms is prohibited in the building or specific area.