Thread: Wal-Mart one night then Hyvee the Next

Lees Summit, Missouri, USA

Post imported post

So it was cold out one night and I wore my Nightmare Before Xmas thermal shirt.

I went to Wal-Mart with my wife and kid. We walked around for awhile looking and then I noticed the As. Store Manager following me then she looked down at my weapon. Gave me a dirty look and pointed at my weapon

"You cant have that in here" she said,

"why" I replied,

" you cant carry that here, its Wal-Mart Policy" NOTE that she is saying all this in a VERY rude manor.

I replied with a smile " I beleive I understand Wal-Marts policy on the matter, better that you do"

She told me I had to walk with her to the phone. And I told my wife to finish shopping

As we got to the phone she made a call to Loss Prevention Dept and asked about it

"do you have a CCW Permit for that" she said

"Why, you can see it cant you?" me

she told the person on the phone NO in a pissy mood

(I have been calm, with a smile on my face the whole time)

She then made another call, I beleive to the Store Manager,

then she got a (OH ****) look on her face hung up the phone and never looked at me again,

she said with a low voice "Your OK" and walked away I just wanted to BLOW UP on her, but I just smiled and walked away,

The next night I wore the same shirt to the store HyVee, it was me my wife and kid, after looking around for about 20 min, I got confronted my 2 Managers, under my breath I said "not again" the guy asked me if I was a off duty LEO.

I replied "no"

He then ask what (I DO) I told him im a Computer Tech -- I love the look on peoples faces when I tell them that LOL

"so thats legal" he said

"Yes" i said

we then talked for about 5 min about the laws and why I carry, he told me a customer was concerned and thats why he ASKED me, he was VERY nice and understanding.

needless to say I still shop at both stores, but I go to HyVee the bulk of the time now.

NOTE- I have been OCing in both stores for about a year with no problems, the HyVee guy said he saw me in there alot but I was dressed normal, but I had my Goth shirt on those nights LOL oops

North Central, Kansas, USA

Post imported post

Great story, I love it! I guess that anti-gun asst. mgr. got put in her place and taught a thing or two. Good job!