• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still illegal to carry ANY firearm in NC...

swoolard

imported post

I didn't know we were in a state of emergency... shows how much I watch television.

Either way, it's not stopping me from carrying. Criminals don't take a day off because of a storm, neither do my guns.

Stupid law.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:]

So, have your friend come over and take your pistol off the premises and you go over his house and do the same... that would get around the transport part -- now to think of a loophole around the possession...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wynder wrote:
Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:]

So, have your friend come over and take your pistol off the premises and you go over his house and do the same... that would get around the transport part -- now to think of a loophole around the possession...
Sorry no cigar!

Law says nothing about transporting your weapon.

It is unlawful for any person to transport any dangerous weapon, except as otherwise provided.

Yata hey

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Sorry no cigar!

It is unlawful for any person to transport any dangerous weapon, except as otherwise provided.

Yata hey

No, it's illegal for any person to transport any dangerous weapon off his own premises. If the premises does not belong to the transporter, then it should not apply.

swoolard

imported post

Wynder wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Sorry no cigar!

Yata hey

No, it's illegal for any person to transport any dangerous weapon off his own premises. If the premises does not belong to the transporter, then it should not apply.

Wait a second, it says his. What if it's a woman. Loophole! I'm kidding, I'm kidding... but seriously... wonder if that'd work.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

swoolard wrote:
Wait a second, it says his. What if it's a woman. Loophole! I'm kidding, I'm kidding... but seriously... wonder if that'd work.

Heh! No doubt there's probably a section on the books that neutralizes any specific use of gender.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wynder wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Sorry no cigar!

Yata hey

IMO - this is saying it would still be legal to have a weapon on/in your own premise but not legal to move it from there "except as otherwise provided" and what you are suggesting ain't provided.

Be my guest if you want to test it. :D Actually, it should be challanged.

Yata hey

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
IMO - this is saying it would still be legal to have a weapon on/in your own premise but not legal to move it from there "except as otherwise provided" and what you are suggesting ain't provided.

But it would only apply to a person removing the pistol from his own premises. At least that's what I get from a literal reading.

Be my guest if you want to test it. :D  Actually, it should be challanged.

If only I lived in North Carolina. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wynder wrote:
swoolard wrote:
Heh! No doubt there's probably a section on the books that neutralizes any specific use of gender
If statute law does not, then I am sure that case law does provide sufficient reference to this. Actually, I have seen several similar pronoun disputes but do not chose to cite.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wynder wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

But it would only apply to a person removing the pistol from his own premises. At least that's what I get from a literal reading.

Be my guest if you want to test it. :D Actually, it should be challanged.

If only I lived in North Carolina. :)
Aaaah, the pronoun challange. If "he" can refer to a grantor, then it stands that the possessive form "his" should well be accepted as also meaning "your." A=B, B=C, QED A=C.

So if you drove to my friend's home in North Carolina and you transported his weapon from his "own premises" you might have a problem there.

We are not going to solve NC legal problems here but it is interesting to share different thoughts.:)

Yata hey

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Ahhh... So, you're saying that "his" is referring to the pistol owner and not necessarily the person taking it.

I can see that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wynder wrote:
Ahhh... So, you're saying that "his" is referring to the pistol owner and not necessarily the person taking it.

I can see that.
That's my premise. Hopefully this law will be abolished without a test case.

Yata hey

BDZ71

imported post

Stupid law that needs to be changed. It should read any legal citizen with the capacity to carry cought NOT carrying in a stat of emergancy will be in violation. And can go to jail for not being prepared.

Ive been carrying everyday.. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BDZ71 wrote:
Stupid law that needs to be changed. It should read any legal citizen with the capacity to carry cought NOT carrying in a stat of emergancy will be in violation. And can go to jail for not being prepared.

Welcome to OCDO - good people with a variety of backgrounds, most reasonably well versed in the subject.

Suggestion - update your profile to at least show your state. It helps in responding.

Manditory carry? Not even in time of war can I imagine this. Our rights don't work that way.

Every day carry - do you OC or primarily CC?

Yata hey

BDZ71

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
BDZ71 wrote:

Welcome to OCDO - good people with a variety of backgrounds, most reasonably well versed in the subject.

Suggestion - update your profile to at least show your state. It helps in responding.

Manditory carry? Not even in time of war can I imagine this. Our rights don't work that way.

Every day carry - do you OC or primarily CC?

Yata hey

Well the Mandatory carry was just a joke. Exact opposit of the law now.. When you NEED to carry ( an emerg. scenario I would say is a slightly higher priority in the NEED to carry than just a normal day) They say you cant... Stupid and 180* from what you should do.

Ill update profile information. Ill have to figure it out.

NC

mainly conceal carry. But not opposed to open carry. Think its a great exercise of ones rights

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TFED12 wrote:
This is not necessarily OC but if you want to talk about every able person owning or having a firearm. Here ya go!!

http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm
A gun in every home law-

Kennesaw, Ga. has enjoyed a peaceful, low crime community since the passage of this law. There are a myriad ways that virtually anyone can opt out though if they so choose. Nonetheless, it does demonstrate the deterrant power of citizens not being defenseless. No - the prediction of armed citizens fighting in the streets never did come true. Go figure.

Yata hey

mekender

imported post

in theory, if your house were destroyed and the contents of your gun safe were strewn across your lawn, it would be illegal to put them in your car and take them to a secure location...

:cuss:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

yonder wrote:
That law has to go.

Disarming lawful citizens when they need the most protection... what are these people thinking?!?
That they do not want you to have a gun maybe?

Yata hey