• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another walmart post

heresolong

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
tricityguy wrote:
A non-issue would be one that had never happened. It was brought up that something happened, we chimed in with what our responses would be.
Good point. I stand corrected.
If one incident makes something an issue, then you guys need to get a life. You need way more things to do in your life.
rolleyes.gif
Bear, Why are you even bothering? We are discussing something that interests us. If you don't care, if you don't think it needs discussing, why are you even on this thread?

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
tricityguy wrote:
A non-issue would be one that had never happened. It was brought up that something happened, we chimed in with what our responses would be.
Good point. I stand corrected.
If one incident makes something an issue, then you guys need to get a life. You need way more things to do in your life.
rolleyes.gif
Bear, Why are you even bothering? We are discussing something that interests us. If you don't care, if you don't think it needs discussing, why are you even on this thread?
You guys are like a bored dog with a bone. Nothing better to do but chew on it. Good God get a life!

cynicist

imported post

Eric-WA wrote:
Being that in washington state it's illegal to record someone without there knowledge, do you notify a police officer when he stops you that you're going to be recording the conversation? And if so I'd imagine that they wouldn't allow it or that they'd take the recorder from you. Am I wrong here.

Thanks, Eric
My juvenile probation officer (long time ago- had some strange teenage years) suggested that if I was going to, then say "Is it allright if I make record of this conversation," and then you'd be covered. (There were some problems with unlawful searches and arrests by a certain PD, ended up getting an apology from the sargeant and calling a "truce.")

As for the "public" part, can anyone get statutes about it? Don't know where to look.

Bear 45/70

imported post

cynicist wrote:
Eric-WA wrote:
Being that in washington state it's illegal to record someone without there knowledge, do you notify a police officer when he stops you that you're going to be recording the conversation? And if so I'd imagine that they wouldn't allow it or that they'd take the recorder from you. Am I wrong here.

Thanks, Eric
My juvenile probation officer (long time ago- had some strange teenage years) suggested that if I was going to, then say "Is it allright if I make record of this conversation," and then you'd be covered. (There were some problems with unlawful searches and arrests by a certain PD, ended up getting an apology from the sargeant and calling a "truce.")

As for the "public" part, can anyone get statutes about it? Don't know where to look.
The permission thing is for private individuals only. Cops, as public officials have no expectation of privacy and you can record at will.

Bear 45/70

imported post

tricityguy wrote:
you guys need to get a life. You need way more things to do in your life.
Says the man with nothing better to do than troll in this forum...:p
Troll???? You are an idiot if you think that. Besides I earned my retirement and can spend it anyway I want. You probably didn't even notice that I was gone today for 4 hours to American Lake. So why do you have so much time to worry about nothing here on the forum? Just unemployable?
rolleyes.gif

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Trying to get this thread back on Wallmart....

I showed him my CPL because he asked with what seemed more like curiosity than demanding to see it, like he had never seen one before and wanted to see what it looked like..He also said I was the first OC(non-LEO) in that store in the 5 years he had been there. He was verynice and friendly and he said I would be welcomed back to buy ammo while OC anytime. I even gave the clerk apamphlet to give to the manager.

So really, in a situation like this,I saw no harm in showing my CPL even ifI didn't technicallyHAVE to. Why be an asshat about it and escalate the situation and just make the guy mad and unwelcome to future OCers in the store?

You can catch more flies with honey than with a gun.

tricityguy

imported post

I showed him my CPL because he asked with what seemed more like curiosity than demanding to see it, like he had never seen one before and wanted to see what it looked like..
Well, that's different. I took it as if he'd demanded it, like he was some authority figure.

Besides I earned my retirement and can spend it anyway I want.
Sure you can, but it's ironic as hell that you sit here and post way the hell more than the rest of us, but we're the ones who should get a life? I don't care man, this is all fun and games to me, I just find it funny, is all. Do keep pretending you know me, though. "Unemployable", :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...

Why be an asshat about it
Because the initial post made the situation sound different than you've presented here. A guy who just wants to see a CPL because he's excited about the idea and wants to know what the license looks like is very different from someone trying to check your papers.

Bear 45/70

imported post

tricityguy wrote:
Besides I earned my retirement and can spend it anyway I want.
Sure you can, but it's ironic as hell that you sit here and post way the hell more than the rest of us, but we're the ones who should get a life? I don't care man, this is all fun and games to me, I just find it funny, is all. Do keep pretending you know me, though. "Unemployable", :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...
Two things, first I'm on disability and get paid not to work. Second I spent from last Thursday until this Tuesday in CentralOregon, riding quads with the wife. So I don't spend my life sitting at the computer. I also have plans for Sunday. But sometimes I have to adjust thigs to make it work for those do still work. As to you unemployability, you harp on me for posting all the time, but them I'm through working. Now how do you find it possible to post all day long? And still claim to be working.

tricityguy

imported post

Bear, you don't get it. I never harped on you for posting all the time. You started the "You guys need to get a life for bothering to discuss this" line. I merely responded that I found it ironic, here you are with nearly 3,000 posts telling other people to "get a life" for posting. That's funny as hell to me. No more, no less, I don't care who you are or what your personal situation is or what you do on a daily basis or how often you post here, it's just funny.

As for the personal attacks, look, big guy, you have no idea who I am and what my financial situation is like. Maybe I manage an organization and I'm so effective I have time to chat here. Maybe I'm self-employed and pay my employees to bring in my salary. Maybe I'm living off the interest on my investments. Maybe I'm disabled, like you. Maybe I'm unemployed, maybe I'm just a bum who goofs off at work, maybe I'm a homeless person posting from a library. Maybe I'm none of those things.

Point is, you've no clue whatsoever who I am, yet you keep spouting off like you know me. It's obnoxious, annoying and, quite frankly, unnecessary. Now I didn't come here to pick a fight with you so I'll ask you kindly to stop assuming you know me and stop with the personal attacks. Let's talk about guns and open carry instead, mmKay? :cool:

David.Car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You can't be doing much work if you are posting on here all day.
You know what making assumptions does Bear.

I deal with access control of people and packages. When there are no people or packages wanting access... Well that means my work is done for the time being :)

It is the same way with almost every job. Whenthere is no more workto be foundbut you still have to be on the clock... Well that is some free time.

just_a_car

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
He also said I was the first OC(non-LEO) in that store in the 5 years he had been there.
Not true. I've OC'd in that store twice, both times to the gun counter to buy .40S&W ammo for the G27 on my hip. Either he wasn't at the counter then or he was oblivious to the fact.

Bear 45/70

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
You know what making assumptions does Bear.

I deal with access control of people and packages. When there are no people or packages wanting access... Well that means my work is done for the time being :)

It is the same way with almost every job. Whenthere is no more workto be foundbut you still have to be on the clock... Well that is some free time.
Tough job, Huh?
RoflLg.gif

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
He also said I was the first OC(non-LEO) in that store in the 5 years he had been there.
Not true. I've OC'd in that store twice, both times to the gun counter to buy .40S&W ammo for the G27 on my hip. Either he wasn't at the counter then or he was oblivious to the fact.
He said the first he'd seen in five years...

just_a_car

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
He said the first he'd seen in five years...
Oh... okay, hehe. That's not what you wrote. ;)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I forgot which thread I picked this file up from but it is a audio recording from a Walmart Market Office, Joe McQueen's Assistant confirming that Walmart does indeed allow the lawful carry of firearms in its stores. Market Office Number: 757-471-1651

The audio file is hosted on my download server. If someone needs audio or video storage space let me know. I can host all formats.

http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

Metal_Monkey

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Now how do you find it possible to post all day long? And still claim to be working.
Maybe he is like me and sits at a computer all day for work...
Bear you have to be the lamest person I have ever seen on the net. You are on here 24/7 and talk down almost everyone, especially the ones that know more than you do. I have been on this forum for about 5 months or so, and you post the most worthless crap. People can't even discuss a topic without you jumping in and causing problems...damn dude how old are you? This isn't MTV, get a life. Veteran troll?