• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County get-to-gether October 18th

Bear 45/70

imported post

The trouble with Denny's anymore is that rather than being a corporate operation, they are now franchised. So each franchise gets to decide and some are good and others are bad. I know this because my local Denny's is good to go with CC or OC.

heresolong

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
I told him this would defeat our entire purpose.
Actually when it comes to the general public our "purpose" is to get together and have breakfast. Most places will say no if they think you are trying to make a political statement. If you approach another business in the future approach it from the standpoint of "We want to have breakfast but we don't want trouble. Are you going to have a problem with us having breakfast if some of us are carrying our handguns?"

I'll figure out another location and post up here soon.

Richard6218

imported post

heresolong wrote:
OK, updated plan we will be going to the new IHOP on Bakerview. Take the Bakerview exit off I-5 and head East. You can't miss it. Rather that spin our wheels checking out restaurant after restaurant I am just going to show up and have breakfast.

http://ihop.know-where.com/ihop/site/2/03169.gif
Good by me. We could have done the same with Denny's for that matter but I thought we were going to get it cleared first, just to avoid trouble and to know we wouldn't get tossed out. BTW, your suggestion about the approach to the mgr was exactly how I addressed the issue on the phone, and his response was as I reported.I think his mindset was anti-gun from the get-go, probably because of the incident they had a while ago. So this was probably a lost cause no matter how it was approached.

jbone

imported post

You know, I bet it was a Canadian National on their way to the outlet mall that complained. Maybe we can teach the manager to check citizenship before acting on complaints of American’s exercising our rights. Just funning due to proximity of Boarder. Or am I….

Richard6218

imported post

jbone wrote:
You know, I bet it was a Canadian National on their way to the outlet mall that complained. Maybe we can teach the manager to check citizenship before acting on complaints of American’s exercising our rights. Just funning due to proximity of Boarder. Or am I….
Interesting ---- the butcher in the Haggen store where I've had a hassle with the manager is Canadian and he is totally sympathetic to our 2A. He wishes he could have guns but he can't because he's a foreign national. If he gets caught in possession he'd be charged with a felony. (I haven't checked that out but that's what he told me)

jbone

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Interesting ---- the butcher in the Haggen store where I've had a hassle with the manager is Canadian and he is totally sympathetic to our 2A. He wishes he could have guns but he can't because he's a foreign national.
Cool that he's sympathetic, but still give you a hassle? So he's lack of Canadian rights forced him to give you a hassel in our counrty? Not sure if I would allow a Canadian citizen to tell me what I cannotdo in our. Is it Haggen policy or his canadian policy?

Richard6218

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
NO NO N O it is the manager that gave him the hassel, NOT the BUTCHER

EXACTLY. The butcher is a Canadian national and he is totally sympathetic to our 2A and the WA OC law. He described to me how he wishes he could have guns here but can't because he's a foreign national.

I will be posting my report on the hassle with management in the thread Washington Businesses that Ban Guns sometime today.

Richard6218

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Come one, come all. We're not xenophobic up here.
Just weird being southern canucks, hey?:lol:
Hey, Bear, can we just kiss and make up now? I never hated you anyway
cool.gif

BTW, I've done the research. I was carrying a rifle with the Marine Corps when you were still playing with capguns.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=16491&forum_id=55&jump_to=278494

Bear 45/70

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
cool.gif

BTW, I've done the research. I was carrying a rifle with the Marine Corps when you were still playing with capguns.

I'm not mad at you at all. It's just you southern Canadians are always a bit strange like your northern cousins. Hey? Just funnin' you a bit. That's what the laughing smiley was for.
RoflLg.gif

Oh and I doubt that you were in the Marines when I still played with cap guns, unless you are a WWII or a Korean Veteran.

Richard6218

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
cool.gif

I'm not mad at you at all. It's just you southern Canadians are always a bit strange like your northern cousins. Hey? Just funnin' you a bit. That's what the laughing smiley was for.
RoflLg.gif

Oh and I doubt that you were in the Marines when I still played with cap guns, unless you are a WWII or a Korean Veteran.
We were carrying M1 Garands. That tell you anything?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
cool.gif

RoflLg.gif

We were carrying M1 Garands. That tell you anything?
Jeez, you must really be old.:p Like almost old enough o be my big brother if I had one.:D

jbone

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
NO NO N O it is the manager that gave him the hassel, NOT the BUTCHER
I see that now, my bust. I should have put on my glasses before I read it. Glad to hear he was'nt the hasseler, thoseButcher Knifes are sharp.