• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County get-to-gether October 18th

jbone

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Come one, come all. We're not xenophobic up here.

I am a bit more since 911. Lots of foreigner's that don’t like the American way of life and would love nothing more to model our county after theirs. Pledge of allegiance, XMAS, seems every time I turn around a new news story on some group that doesn’t like what we do, or offends them, usually the things our country has been teaching and celebrating for years past. IMO.

Way off subject I suppose, good topic for another thread.

Trigger Dr

imported post

When I was in boot camp, we were issued 03 springfields. No ammo, just the rifle.

just_a_car

imported post

All people are welcome to join our get-togethers. We don't ostracize groups of people, nor do we require a dress code, nor do we charge dues...

...welcome to the free world. ;)

Richard6218

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Come one, come all. We're not xenophobic up here.
Just weird being southern canucks, hey?:lol:
Hey, Bear, can we just kiss and make up now? I never hated you anyway
cool.gif

BTW, I've done the research. I was carrying a rifle with the Marine Corps when you were still playing with capguns.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=16491&forum_id=55&jump_to=278494

I'm not mad at you at all. It's just you southern Canadians are always a bit strange like your northern cousins. Hey? Just funnin' you a bit. That's what the laughing smiley was for.
RoflLg.gif

Oh and I doubt that you were in the Marines when I still played with cap guns, unless you are a WWII or a Korean Veteran.
We were carrying M1 Garands. That tell you anything?
Jeez, you must really be old.:p Like almost old enough o be my big brother if I had one.:D
I was in post-Korea and pre-Vietnam. OK, I'm 7-1/2 years older than you which makes me 68 and you're 61, right? So now I'm the Senior Citizen here.
tongue.gif

Trigger Dr

imported post

I was in post-Korea and pre-Vietnam. OK, I'm 7-1/2 years older than you which makes me 68 and you're 61, right? So now I'm the Senior Citizen here.
tongue.gif

:cool::cool:Maybe not, I think I have both of you by a bit.:D

Richard6218

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
When I was in boot camp, we were issued 03 springfields. No ammo, just the rifle.
What's this, an age contest? First Bear thought he was the Old Man, then I aced him with the M1 story, now yours with the '03.
question.gif
You must be a vet of WWI
lol.gif

Trigger Dr

imported post

In 9\1957 Navy Boot camp issued 03's and we had to have them hanging on the bunk rails, tied in place with a "tie tie" a piece of cotton cord used in place of clothes pins. We also qualified with the 03. Never got a Garand until I was assigned to the ships landing force party.

No contest, just a little humor. Bear needs all that he can get.:D:D:D

just_a_car

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
In 91957 Navy Boot camp issued 03's and we had to have them hanging on the bunk rails, tied in place with a "tie tie" a piece of cotton cord used in place of clothes pins. We also qualified with the 03. Never got a Garand until I was assigned to the ships landing force party.

What do you mean TD?... We humor Bear all the time! :lol::p

Richard6218

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
In 91957 Navy Boot camp issued 03's and we had to have them hanging on the bunk rails, tied in place with a "tie tie" a piece of cotton cord used in place of clothes pins. We also qualified with the 03. Never got a Garand until I was assigned to the ships landing force party.

I was there just in time to spend a lot of time learning how NOT to get an M1 Thumb. Luckily, I learned well from others' mistakes because I never got one.
big_grin.gif
By the time I got out we switched to M14's. A really sweet weapon.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

I was there just in time to spend a lot of time learning how NOT to get an M1 Thumb. Luckily, I learned well from others' mistakes because I never got one.
big_grin.gif
By the time I got out we switched to M14's. A really sweet weapon.
Ah, the M14. Then the morons switch to the POS M16 and it has been downhill ever since.

I knew a guy who could actually shoot the M14 on full auto and hit what he was shootig at. It was amazing to watch.

samaloney2006

imported post

Hey, come on you guys quit talking about old. You make me feel as though I should start looking for a wheel chair. I remember boot camp. Spring 1957, Great Lakes Illinois. For "youse" that don't know that's US Navy. I spent twenty years on the flight decks of eight aircraft carriers and retired as a Chief Petty Officer.But as we say in Hawaii that is talk story for an OC meeting. Hope to see you guys/gals in Bellingham if a place is ever decided on. I hope you decide on a place pretty soon because when I fly back I have exremely limited access to a computer. I will put my phone number down so that if someone would please call me with a time and place I would appreciate it. Thanks, didn't mean to run on so long, time for an old guy nap. 360 941 3645(Springfield Armory 1911 aficianado)

Richard6218

imported post

samaloney2006 wrote:
Hey, come on you guys quit talking about old. You make me feel as though I should start looking for a wheel chair. I remember boot camp. Spring 1957, Great Lakes Illinois. For "youse" that don't know that's US Navy. I spent twenty years on the flight decks of eight aircraft carriers and retired as a Chief Petty Officer.But as we say in Hawaii that is talk story for an OC meeting. Hope to see you guys/gals in Bellingham if a place is ever decided on. I hope you decide on a place pretty soon because when I fly back I have exremely limited access to a computer. I will put my phone number down so that if someone would please call me with a time and place I would appreciate it. Thanks, didn't mean to run on so long, time for an old guy nap. 360 941 3645 (Springfield Armory 1911 aficianado)
Here's the post that decided it. 0900, 18Oct08
OK, updated plan we will be going to the new IHOP on Bakerview. Take the Bakerview exit off I-5 and head East. You can't miss it. Rather that spin our wheels checking out restaurant after restaurant I am just going to show up and have breakfast.

http://ihop.know-where.com/ihop/site/2/03169.gif

Richard6218

imported post

heresolong wrote:
OK, updated plan we will be going to the new IHOP on Bakerview. Take the Bakerview exit off I-5 and head East. You can't miss it. Rather that spin our wheels checking out restaurant after restaurant I am just going to show up and have breakfast.

Might I suggest that some of us assemble in the parking lot and go in as a group. My thinking is thatit's easier for them to throw out one than a large group.

heresolong

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
heresolong wrote:

Might I suggest that some of us assemble in the parking lot and go in as a group. My thinking is thatit's easier for them to throw out one than a large group.
I am going to treat it as a normal breakfast. I will arrive, tell them that I am meeting friends and there may be fifteen or so of us, and get a booth. As people arrive they should come in and sit down. I imagine that there will be some people there without firearms so it won't look like a military unit gathering.