Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Lol the bull$%@# propoganda the brady bunch pushes

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florence, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    173

    Post imported post



    Alright this has gotten me into trouble before so anything written above this line was written by me anything under this line is from the brady bunches websites.

    I wanna shake the hand of the man who can hit a target accurately at 4 miles with the Barrett .50.

    __________________________________________________ _

    .50 Caliber Rifles

    In 1987, Barrett Firearms Manufacturing Inc., patented its self-described “armor-penetrating” .50 caliber BMG sniper rifle. Capable of destroying armored personnel carriers, aircraft and bulk fuel and ammunition sites, the .50 caliber sniper rifle is now proliferating in the civilian market. Accurate at up to 2,000 yards (20 football fields end-to-end) it can inflict effective damage to targets over four miles away. With more power on impact then any other semi-automatic rifle legally available on the civilian market, the .50 caliber represents a serious threat to our local law enforcement and national security.

    Despite their destructive threat .50 caliber sniper rifles are only subject to the same minimal Federal regulations as shotguns, hunting rifles and smaller target rifles. Under Federal law, gun dealers may sell .50 caliber rifles to buyers 18 or older who pass a Brady background check. If a buyer purchases a .50 caliber rifle from a private seller, however, such as at a gun show, there is no age limit under Federal law to purchase the rifle and no background check.



  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Yea I know a whole bunch of thugs that buy $5,000+ BMG's. :quirky They're a definite security threat too. A five foot long, 30lbs.rifle is easily concealable.



    Interesting wikipedia find:
    The banning of .50 caliber rifles to non-governmental owners in California and discussion of similar legislation in other states has led Barrett to offer rifles in a proprietary caliber of similar performance, the .416 Barrett that is smaller in diameter, faster, and has an improved ballistic coefficient that could penetrate better.[citation needed][/suP]

    In response to California's ban of civilian ownership of .50 caliber rifles, Barrett suspended sales and service to all law enforcement agencies in California.[4][/suP]

    Good for them. Nice of a manufacturer to have some balls and stand up for citizens rather than just go after the money.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Yea I know a whole bunch of thugs that buy $5,000+ BMG's. :quirky They're a definite security threat too. A five foot long, 30lbs.rifle is easily concealable.



    Interesting wikipedia find:
    The banning of .50 caliber rifles to non-governmental owners in California and discussion of similar legislation in other states has led Barrett to offer rifles in a proprietary caliber of similar performance, the .416 Barrett that is smaller in diameter, faster, and has an improved ballistic coefficient that could penetrate better.[citation needed][/suP]

    In response to California's ban of civilian ownership of .50 caliber rifles, Barrett suspended sales and service to all law enforcement agencies in California.[4][/suP]

    Good for them. Nice of a manufacturer to have some balls and stand up for citizens rather than just go after the money.

    4 MILES ?!?! impossible! The wind would certainly affect trajectory.

    No kidding. When I walked into a firearms shop not too long ago, and saw "Not for Sale in CA", I immediately asked about what that meant. When I was informed that they were high capacity mags, and California's legislature banned it, I immediately wanted it.

    I wish other gun manufactures would stand up toCali also.


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,026

    Post imported post

    Statesman wrote:
    4 MILES ?!?! impossible! The wind would certainly affect trajectory.
    Careful. You might get sucked into thinking they wrote something they didn't.....Which is exactly what they want. While that 'article' is technically accurate, it is deceptively worded to to sound worse than it actually is.

    Accurate at up to 2,000 yards (20 football fields end-to-end) it can inflict effective damage to targets over four miles away.
    2000 is only 6000 feet, or just over a mile....no where NEAR the 4 miles EFFECTIVE range (which mean the range at which the projectile can still deliver enough terminal energy to the target to do the desired damage.) And while I'm sure it is fully capable of all the destruction their hand wringing diatribe describes, such incidents would seem to be exclusively the domain of a full-auto ammo-dump since a single round is highly unlikely to do enough damage to 'destroy' anything (I doubt even a tracer through the gas tank could 'destroy' a Geo Metro.)

    They are right about one thing though....it is a 'threat' to our (increasingly militarized) police force; But they fail to realize that IS national security.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    154

    Post imported post

    .300 WinMag can't be too far behind on OOMPH. Overall numbers I'm sure are "less," but at the kinds of ranges they're talking about, for all intents and purposes (short of putting a hole in an engine block) it's the same end result yeah? So are they going after it next?

    Stupid.

    (or for comparison: .300 Weatherby Magnum, or .300 Remington Ultra Mag)

    The .50 just SOUNDS scary. "Feelings" vs. Logic. Why is it that Logic loses so often?

    "Armor Piercing" isn't all that tough to accomplish in a rifle, I mean really.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    squisher wrote:
    .300 WinMag can't be too far behind on OOMPH. Overall numbers I'm sure are "less," but at the kinds of ranges they're talking about, for all intents and purposes (short of putting a hole in an engine block) it's the same end result yeah? So are they going after it next?
    I'm not sure... what do you think?





    WIN/MAG loads range from 3,200 ft/lbs to 3,600 ft/lbs. Neither of the other, newer magnums reach anywhere near 5,000 ft/lbs.

    .50BMG loads range from 11,500 ft/lbs to 14,900 ft/lbs.

    I think that's just a little bit of a difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phssthpok
    They are right about one thing though....it is a 'threat' to our (increasingly militarized) police force; But they fail to realize that IS national security.
    [/quote]

    Pretty much hit the nail on the head.


  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    154

    Post imported post

    No doubt the .50 is a HUGE round, but short of shooting through an engine block, are the .300 series any less useful as sniper-type rounds as far as "soft" targets go?

    Not arguing the might of the BMG (I've GOT to get me one of those!), just trying to make something of a comparison to show the silliness of the Brady Bunch.

    (Maybe a better comparison might have been the Nitro Express line? Still not as large I know, but also quite big).

    If the "fear" is a large round that can penetrate well, there area numberof rifles that can penetrate quite well at decent ranges. Granted, the .50 is unmatched, but if they're focusing on that one now, what's next?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    i hear a lot more convenience store are being held up with .50 bmg's. the gangsta's roll in with the gun on a shopping cart.


  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    154

    Post imported post

    yeahYeah wrote:
    i hear a lot more convenience store are being held up with .50 bmg's. the gangsta's roll in with the gun on a shopping cart.
    QFT

    What the anti-"Assault Weapons" people won't tell you is that very seldom is any crime committed with what is considered a "military-style assault weapon."

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    squisher wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    i hear a lot more convenience store are being held up with .50 bmg's. the gangsta's roll in with the gun on a shopping cart.
    QFT

    What the anti-"Assault Weapons" people won't tell you is that very seldom is any crime committed with what is considered a "military-style assault weapon."
    yep..."assault weapons" are hated because of their looks. i don't know about you guys, but i love my AK's. :celebrate

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Henderson, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    yeahYeah wrote:
    squisher wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    i hear a lot more convenience store are being held up with .50 bmg's. the gangsta's roll in with the gun on a shopping cart.
    QFT

    What the anti-"Assault Weapons" people won't tell you is that very seldom is any crime committed with what is considered a "military-style assault weapon."
    yep..."assault weapons" are hated because of their looks. i don't know about you guys, but i love my AK's. :celebrate
    Hell, I like 'em BECAUSE they're scareyI got a friend that is lookin to buy a Barrett .50. Of course I'm pressuring him to do so, that way I can shoot it :celebrate

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    icode wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    squisher wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    i hear a lot more convenience store are being held up with .50 bmg's. the gangsta's roll in with the gun on a shopping cart.
    QFT

    What the anti-"Assault Weapons" people won't tell you is that very seldom is any crime committed with what is considered a "military-style assault weapon."
    yep..."assault weapons" are hated because of their looks. i don't know about you guys, but i love my AK's. :celebrate
    Hell, I like 'em BECAUSE they're scareyI got a friend that is lookin to buy a Barrett .50. Of course I'm pressuring him to do so, that way I can shoot it :celebrate
    a $4/shot .50 BMG is perfect for hitting beer bottles out of the sky!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Henderson, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    yeahYeah wrote:
    icode wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    squisher wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    i hear a lot more convenience store are being held up with .50 bmg's. the gangsta's roll in with the gun on a shopping cart.
    QFT

    What the anti-"Assault Weapons" people won't tell you is that very seldom is any crime committed with what is considered a "military-style assault weapon."
    yep..."assault weapons" are hated because of their looks. i don't know about you guys, but i love my AK's. :celebrate
    Hell, I like 'em BECAUSE they're scareyI got a friend that is lookin to buy a Barrett .50. Of course I'm pressuring him to do so, that way I can shoot it :celebrate
    a $4/shot .50 BMG is perfect for hitting beer bottles out of the sky!
    hey, just so I don't have to buy the ammo

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    95

    Post imported post

    not to mention that 50 cal rounds are over $3 a piece

  15. #15
    Regular Member Huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Evanston, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    647

    Post imported post

    "Capable of destroying armored personnel carriers, aircraft and bulk fuel and ammunition sites,"

    Only when fired from a machine gun. I used a M2 a lot when I was in the National Guard and it takes quite a few rounds to destroy a car with one let alone a APC.One round will do a lot of damage but not catastrophic damage like the brady bunch claims.

    Besides, if only one .50 calibre BMG round can do all that much damage then why does the Military use rockets, missles, and artillery to take out APCs, aircraft,and fuel and ammo dumps? If what the Bradys claim was true it'd be very cost effective to use a Barret rifle to do that instead of using all of that other stuff.

    The Bradys are just doing their usual PSH (pant @#$%ting hysterics) with no facts to support them. I'm of the opinion that the Bardy's motto is "why tell the truth when we can lie instead?"
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florence, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    173

    Post imported post

    squisher wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    i hear a lot more convenience store are being held up with .50 bmg's. the gangsta's roll in with the gun on a shopping cart.
    QFT

    What the anti-"Assault Weapons" people won't tell you is that very seldom is any crime committed with what is considered a "military-style assault weapon."


    Oh contrair this is actually what they say (just pulled this off the website, so once again don't accuse me of trolling, you know who you are):

    __________________________________________________ _________________


    Assault Weapons

    The Federal Assault Weapons Act, banning the sale of semiautomatic military-style assault weapons, was passed as part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. President Clinton signed it into law on September 13, 1994.

    The Act led to a dramatic decline in the incidence of assault weapons traced to crime. In the five-year period (1990-1994) before enactment of the Assault Weapons Act, assault weapons named in the Act constituted 4.82% of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) crime gun traces nationwide. After the law’s enactment, however, these assault weapons made up only 1.61% of the guns ATF had traced to crime - a drop of 66% from the pre-ban rate.

    The Assault Weapons Act contained a “sunset” provision, requiring it to be renewed by 2004. Although President George W. Bush had promised to renew the ban, he allowed the ban to expire in September of 2004. The Assault Weapons Act reduced the use of high-firepower assault weapons available for criminal use. The expiration of the ban was a serious blow to public safety.



  17. #17
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    I hear drive-by bayonettings are up... :P

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I hear drive-by bayonettings are up... :P
    yeah, they seem to be a big problem..


  19. #19
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    That reminds me...


    AK-47: You can intimidate your foe with the bayonet mounted.


    M-16: Your foes laugh when you mount your bayonet.


    Moison-Nagant: You can bayonet your foe on the other side of the river without leaving the comfort of your hole.


  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    That reminds me...

    AK-47 M-16 Moison-Nagant





    You can intimidate your foe with the bayonet mounted.
    You foes laugh when you mount your bayonet.
    You can bayonet your foe on the other side of the river without leaving the comfort of your hole.
    Mosin Nagant Humor.... :celebrate

  21. #21
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    You're quicker than I could fix it!

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lamma Island, HK
    Posts
    964

    Post imported post

    Are you kidding? I see the BG's carrying these things all the time! You must live in a REALLY good neighborhood.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    so far, almost all of my collection has origins behind the iron curtain/former iron curtain...

    2 ak's
    1938 m91/30

    springfield xd (croatia)

    my mossburg is the only American.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Henderson, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    yeahYeah wrote:
    so far, almost all of my collection has origins behind the iron curtain/former iron curtain...

    2 ak's
    1938 m91/30

    springfield xd (croatia)

    my mossburg is the only American.
    commie

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lamma Island, HK
    Posts
    964

    Post imported post

    yeahYeah wrote:
    so far, almost all of my collection has origins behind the iron curtain/former iron curtain...

    2 ak's
    1938 m91/30

    springfield xd (croatia)

    my mossburg is the only American.
    I have an M38, and I love it. Nobody wants to shoot it because it kicks their....shoulder.

    Mossburg is Australian???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •