• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Stolen Motorcycle on North I Street in Tacoma

scilence

imported post

Hey, I want to apologize up front for the OT post but I am trying my best to get all my people covered to keep an eye out for my motorcycle that was stolen last night or early this morning.

It is a 2007 Yamaha R6, solid blue in color.

Tinted black windscreen up front and aftermarket tail end.

License Plate # 921872

If you see my bike please call 911 and report it. I really thank all of you who keep your eyes open for it.

scilence

imported post

Yes quite similar except for a short pipe on the side.

There are no decals on it either, it is solid blue and gray on bottom. I guess I am just going to hope that all the profiling of riders done by LEO's nowadays will actually help me this time around.

twest17

imported post

hey is that the bike that I always saw parked on I street just up from the parkway tavern? Drive past all the time, live in Stadium area.

scilence

imported post

Yeah man. I live right across the street from the tavern. I assumed that the bike might be safer because there are always people out front and hopefully something suspicious like loading the bike into a truck without the key might make someone ask a question or two.

I guess that didn't work or maybe they got it between the hours of 2:30 and 5:30 before many people are about.

Next time I invest in something that will set me back 11k, I'll make sure to have a garage for it to live in.

If you want to meet up sometime for a coffee let me know.

Bobarino

imported post

wow. sorry to hear that. i'll keep an eye out for it. i go to the parkway with my friends pretty often on friday night. ever see the yellow BMW, silver BMW, green Triumph and red Kawi ninja 500 out there? the red one is mine and the others belong to my riding buddies. i see your bike out there all time along with the Superhawk in that driveway. if i see it around, i'll let you know.

Bobby

scilence

imported post

Appreciated m8. Next time I see your rides over there i will walk over for an introduction. I am hoping at this point the police will find it with enough left on it to part out. At this point I am looking at paying n a 11k loan for a long time...

Good to hear I have more eyes out there though, thank you for the help.

Triple Tap

imported post

scilence wrote:
Yes quite similar except for a short pipe on the side.

There are no decals on it either, it is solid blue and gray on bottom. I guess I am just going to hope that all the profiling of riders done by LEO's nowadays will actually help me this time around.
Sorry about your loss. I will keep my eyes open.

What do you mean by PROFILING OF RIDERS DONE BY LEO's NOWADAYS ? TX

scilence

imported post

Well, July of last year a law was passed that if a rider was without an endorsement or a permit they could immediately have their bike impounded. Previous to that time it was a citation and a "see ya later."

Because of this passing LEO's were finding any opportunity they could to get a bike pulled over. It was rampant and a pain in the a$$ to be honest. In the three or four months following that action I was puled overfive times. Mainly for modifications made to the bike that were all legal, but, the police still wanted to "check it out."

They used this excuse often, three of the times I was pulled over it was due to the officer wanting to check the distance between my rear signals. I put a fender eliminator on my bike and so the lights were a bit closer.

So, in hoping that WSP is still on a fit about that particular set of laws, I'm hoping number six for that bike will be because someone is on my bike, rather then piecing it out on Ebay or CraigsList.