• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

over 120 days no letter no permit.douglas county nv

bossten1

imported post

I really need some advise here.my 120 day wait in douglas county nv was up on sept/19th.i went in to the sherrifs dept.around the 13th or so this is how my visit went.yes?hi I applied for my ccw awile back and its only a few days away from my due back date.oh well did we call you?no i just thought i would come in and check since its getting close to the due back date.well i can tell you the sherriff doesnt grant anyone a permit whos finger prints are not back yet.oh i see.so your still waiting for my prints?yes.ok so will i know by sept 19th.if we call you youll know.the sherrif doesnt like it when people get pushy about there ccw and he can deny you because of it.really ?yes really.so dont panic and wait for our call ok.ok thanks.(i walked away with my tail between my legs veary confused)some one called me back while i was on my way out.(a differant person called out to me)please come back.whats your name ?------ ------ i replied.let me just look cause we just got some prints back today.nope i guess youll just have to wait.ok thanks.

what a crappy visit huh?so should i go back in since my 120 days are up.i dont know if they can really deny you for being so called "pushy".please help.experiances?long waits?illeagal?i dont want to jeperdise my ccw but ive waited and waited.i was under the impression that they shall grant or deny within 120 days.but im afraid if i get pushy the just deny me then its over.

I

inNV

imported post

Well NV is a shall issue state, so it is not up to the Sheriffs discretion. I think they take the prints at the station over here in Vegas..where did you take yours?

Jared

imported post

It's shall issue, the sheriff can't deny you for that.

You could pay a lawyer $50 to have him or hear threaten a 42 USC 1983 lawsuit for conspiring to violate your civil rights under color of law. The sheriff and the clerk count as 2 people under the conspiracy provision.

You could also report such misconduct to the FBI so they could do a 242 investigation.

These sheriffs in Nevada have been a real pain. I have no use for the Carson City sheriff and neither do others since he envied California style registration of handguns that he tried to do so with his permits.

I personally have no use for Tony DeMeo from Nye County,I've personally had experience dealing with this corrupt hack. He engages in illegal activity with the former Clark County sheriff. I'm not sure if he still does today since their law changed last year. I'm assuming he still does.

The Clark County sheriff is such a whiner, he's the reason SB92 did not have complete retroactive preemption like it was suppose to.

Sorry for the rant, but the Nevada sheriffs have given people a lot of problems and they have abused the carry law to no end. The sheriffs in my opinion are useless and a waist of taxpayer dollars. Nevada wouldbe better off without them.

They have been a road block in all CCW reform efforts, then they try to be peoples friends. They plan on releasing a statewide standard CCW application because the State Rifle Association was pushing for a bill to make such an action law.

bossten1

imported post

i took my prints at douglas county sherriffs office the dat of the permit.

bossten1

imported post

sorryI took my prints in the douglas county sherriffs office the day of my application over 120 days ago.

calmp9

imported post

bossten1 wrote:
I really need some advise here.my 120 day wait in douglas county nv was up on sept/19th.i went in to the sherrifs dept.around the 13th or so this is how my visit went.yes?hi I applied for my ccw awile back and its only a few days away from my due back date.oh well did we call you?no i just thought i would come in and check since its getting close to the due back date.well i can tell you the sherriff doesnt grant anyone a permit whos finger prints are not back yet.oh i see.so your still waiting for my prints?yes.ok so will i know by sept 19th.if we call you youll know.the sherrif doesnt like it when people get pushy about there ccw and he can deny you because of it.really ?yes really.so dont panic and wait for our call ok.ok thanks.(i walked away with my tail between my legs veary confused)some one called me back while i was on my way out.(a differant person called out to me)please come back.whats your name ?------ ------ i replied.let me just look cause we just got some prints back today.nope i guess youll just have to wait.ok thanks.

what a crappy visit huh?so should i go back in since my 120 days are up.i dont know if they can really deny you for being so called "pushy".please help.experiances?long waits?illeagal?i dont want to jeperdise my ccw but ive waited and waited.i was under the impression that they shall grant or deny within 120 days.but im afraid if i get pushy the just deny me then its over.

My brother's took 130 days in Douglas County. There's nothing you can do, but I can't believe the lady told you that the sheriff doesn't like it when people get pushy. Who does? They are going to maintain that it took so many days to process your application and count the 120 days from there. There's no way the results of the FBI check has not come back yet. They have it. They're just waiting to see if any dirt pops up after the background check was submitted. I watched the CCW holders' forum and the Douglas County Undersheriff said something like there were 3 applicants who had committed offenses after the background check was submitted. I wasn't paying total attention because I was listening to it at work and I had to help a customer. After I heard, I realized why they hold the apps so long. You might want to ask someone if they watched that forum to verify what the Undersheriff said.

My brother got called on a Friday, I believe. He was working in Lake Tahoe when they called. I left work and jetted over there right away. You might get called tomorrow. If you do, there's a pattern starting to form.

Please let us know when they call.