• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

over 120 wait no permit no letter rude douglas county nv

bossten1

imported post

I really need some advise here.my 120 day wait in douglas county nv was up on sept/19th.i went in to the sherrifs dept.around the 13th or so this is how my visit went.yes?hi I applied for my ccw awile back and its only a few days away from my due back date.oh well did we call you?no i just thought i would come in and check since its getting close to the due back date.well i can tell you the sherriff doesnt grant anyone a permit whos finger prints are not back yet.oh i see.so your still waiting for my prints?yes.ok so will i know by sept 19th.if we call you youll know.the sherrif doesnt like it when people get pushy about there ccw and he can deny you because of it.really ?yes really.so dont panic and wait for our call ok.ok thanks.(i walked away with my tail between my legs veary confused)some one called me back while i was on my way out.(a differant person called out to me)please come back.whats your name ?------ ------ i replied.let me just look cause we just got some prints back today.nope i guess youll just have to wait.ok thanks.

what a crappy visit huh?so should i go back in since my 120 days are up.i dont know if they can really deny you for being so called "pushy".please help.experiances?long waits?illeagal?i dont want to jeperdise my ccw but ive waited and waited.i was under the impression that they shall grant or deny within 120 days.but im afraid if i get pushy the just deny me then its over.

icode

imported post

bossten1 wrote:
I really need some advise here.my 120 day wait in douglas county nv was up on sept/19th.i went in to the sherrifs dept.around the 13th or so this is how my visit went.yes?hi I applied for my ccw awile back and its only a few days away from my due back date.oh well did we call you?no i just thought i would come in and check since its getting close to the due back date.well i can tell you the sherriff doesnt grant anyone a permit whos finger prints are not back yet.oh i see.so your still waiting for my prints?yes.ok so will i know by sept 19th.if we call you youll know.the sherrif doesnt like it when people get pushy about there ccw and he can deny you because of it.really ?yes really.so dont panic and wait for our call ok.ok thanks.(i walked away with my tail between my legs veary confused)some one called me back while i was on my way out.(a differant person called out to me)please come back.whats your name ?------ ------ i replied.let me just look cause we just got some prints back today.nope i guess youll just have to wait.ok thanks.

what a crappy visit huh?so should i go back in since my 120 days are up.i dont know if they can really deny you for being so called "pushy".please help.experiances?long waits?illeagal?i dont want to jeperdise my ccw but ive waited and waited.i was under the impression that they shall grant or deny within 120 days.but im afraid if i get pushy the just deny me then its over.

Read NRS 202.3653through NRS 202.366. The sherrif must approve or deny within 120 days and cannot deny based upon your "pushyness". If he denies it he must send you a letter stating why it was denied. There are very specific reasons that can be used to deny said permit, and none of them have anything to do with your attitude regarding their laziness!

ETA: I reccommend that you print out the afore mentioned NRS' get familiar with them and return to the sherrifs' office armed with this knowledge. I'm sure you will have a much different conversation :celebrate

PavePusher

imported post

Depending on the laws regarding recording, use a digital voice recorder ro copy the next conversation, when you hand them copies of NRS 202.3653through NRS 202.366. It will add to the entertainment value of any following legal action.