• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gary and East Chicago, Indiana

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok...

I have heard that Gary and East Chicago have some pre-1994 ordinances regarding handguns.

Any information on what exactly these ordinances forbid, etc?

Also, a link to the actual text would be great, if someone knows where to find it.

Thanks!

Unoid

imported post

as far as I've read... police frown upon OC but it is not illegal. Hopefully someone with sources can elaborate.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, there are some sites out there that list municipal ordinances on line, etc.

MuniCode is one, for example.

However, I can't find it for Gary or E. Chicago.

I read that they have an "assault weapon" ban there, limiting what types of firearms can be owned. I am not sure if there is any other ones, which is my concern.

Unoid

imported post

I don't believe any of those ordinances are punishable. The state preemption being the cause.