Thread: Is any style holster belt legal??

Post imported post

Newbie here. I have a question regarding different styles of holsters. I currently own a Makarov 9mm. The gun came with a belt holster that has flap that folds over and attaches. So the gun is not visable. Is this style of holster ok for OC?? I'm currently looking into a better holster, but wanted to know if I'd be ok with this one for now.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Update your profile to show what state you currently live in, as the laws regarding flap holsters vary from state to state.

Post imported post

oops..Sorry about that. :P
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

It is in AZ... but may vary from state to state... if the morons in the legislature even thought of it... which they usually don't. The people writing this stuff are generally ignorant of the total dynamic of what they're makin' laws about.

Post imported post

You may have a tough time finding holsters for your Makarov in the future, when you want to step up to something else. Makarov's were primarily military sidearms of the eastern block European countries. Most military style holsters - especially of that period - were all flap style holsters.

I recently met a gentleman at the last VCDL meeting that is a member of this board. He was carrying a Makarov ... not sure what the holster was, but it wasn't a flap style. I don't know what his board name is, but maybe he'll see this post and chime in.

Post imported post

Right now I've got my Mak on inna open 'bucket'... no retention. Can be used for IWB or 'out'. I'mheeled all day... with somethin'.

Post imported post

I've found a couple different companies that make them for the Mak. I'm just curious if I could use the flap style one until I purchase a new one.