• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florence Gun Show

hp-hobo

imported post

Is there anyone that will be attending the Florence show this weekend that would like to assist in handing out South Carolina OpenCarry Petition flyers? If so, please contact me so I know about how many to print up and also to set up a time and place to meet.

Thanks.

M&P.40

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Is there anyone that will be attending the Florence show this weekend that would like to assist in handing out South Carolina OpenCarry Petition flyers? If so, please contact me so I know about how many to print up and also to set up a time and place to meet.

Thanks.
Who is going to back you to get OC restored ?According to Doug Huffman SC does not have the support of the NRA,GRGRSC,GOSC.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

GOSC is a NRA client and both depend on the sale of exceptions to infringements for their reason for existence. SC will get OC after the NRA/GOSC is run out of town on a rail, tarred and feathered.

GR GRSC ... (this from an e-mail without permission and thus redacted),

GrassRoots GunRights of SC supports all gun rights. That includes
rights such as open carry, concealed carry, hunting, target shooting,
shooting sports, assault weapons, etc.

Code:
[indent]> 1. What is Grass Roots Gun Rights official stance on open carry
> in South Carolina?
GrassRoots supports "Vermont carry" where a citizen may lawfully carry
openly or concealed without asking permission from government.

Code:
[indent]> 2. What is Grass Roots Gun Rights doing to work toward restoring
> the right of open carry in the state of South Carolina?
In this last legislative session, a gun bill was amended to repeal the
section of law that made it unlawful to carry (openly or concealed).
If passed, that bill would have given us "Vermont carry" here in SC.
GrassRoots supported that bill. The bill died in committee. Who knows,
if GrassRoots had had more members supporting us, we might have won
that battle.

Code:
[indent]> 3. What are the views of individuals in this group and members
> of Grass Roots Gun Rights on the subject of open carry in
> South Carolina?
I think I've already made my views clear on open carry.

Code:

M&P.40

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
M&P.40 wrote:
Sorry sir,I was trying to get Mr. Roberts attention,He's not helpingthe situation in SC,we're trying to get OC here..
Thank you for editing your profile as our owner has asked.

Who is the 'we' trying to get OC in SC? The NRA? Nope. GRGRSC? Nope. GOSC? NOpe, that's just the NRA assiliate... Who?

Here you go.hp-Hobo http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum48/16187.html

page 2

1swellguy

imported post

Who is the 'we' trying to get OC in SC? GRGRSC? Nope.
I don't think this statement is fair or accurate. From Doug's post (which quoted me on another forum) everyone should be able to see that GrassRoots GunRights of SC HAS INDEED worked for "Vermont Carry" which is effectively Open Carry. Therefore, it cannot be honestly said that GRSC does not support OC. Nor can it be accurately said that GrassRoots is not trying to get OC in SC.

GrassRoots supports ALL gun rights and we do so unapologetically, with NO compromise, and NO surrender. Anytime GrassRoots sees a threat arise to the gun rights of South Carolinians, we will oppose it.

hp-hobo

imported post

1swellguy wrote:
Who is the 'we' trying to get OC in SC? GRGRSC? Nope.
I don't think this statement is fair or accurate. From Doug's post (which quoted me on another forum) everyone should be able to see that GrassRoots GunRights of SC HAS INDEED worked for "Vermont Carry" which is effectively Open Carry. Therefore, it cannot be honestly said that GRSC does not support OC. Nor can it be accurately said that GrassRoots is not trying to get OC in SC.

GrassRoots supports ALL gun rights and we do so unapologetically, with NO compromise, and NO surrender. Anytime GrassRoots sees a threat arise to the gun rights of South Carolinians, we will oppose it.
Then I suggest you take the matter up with Doug. After all, he's the one who made the statement that GRGRSC hasn't done anything to work toward open carry. You've already read what I had to say about him on the GRGR news group. I think he's a loose cannon that does our cause more harm than good. This is just one more example.

M

mdgary

imported post

peek-a-boo-emoticon.gif
peeka-boo anybody here?