• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's the Difference Between a Bulldog and a Soccer Mom? A Loaded Sidearm

M

mdgary

imported post

Big Del wrote:
Has anyone started writing the Sheriffs office or DA's office. We have had things like this get overturned by letting people know were whatching this and how many people there are.
Start A petition and send it to the sheriff then he can see for sure how many are watching!!!

fingers80002

imported post

mdgary wrote:
Big Del wrote:
Has anyone started writing the Sheriffs office or DA's office. We have had things like this get overturned by letting people know were whatching this and how many people there are.
Start A petition and send it to the sheriff then he can see for sure how many are watching!!!
I beieve the number of letters he rec'd this week will get the point across.:what:

Mack 12ga.

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
He seems to want his day in court. I hope he gets it. I also so he 'gets it' in his personal wallet.
And her lawyer — Robert Magee —

It sounds to me he is about to feel his wallet getting liter, This sheriff is a moron and dosen't belong in office, dose any one know is he elected or appointed ??

Ether way he needs to be run outa town or at least his office.:celebrate

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

NPR now compares Meleanie to Sarah Palin: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95026123

Permit Revoked For Pistol-Packing Soccer Mom

Listen Now [27 sec] add to playlist

Morning Edition, September 25, 2008 · Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin became famous as a hockey mom who knew how to shoot. She could probably trade stories with a woman in Lebanon, Pa., Meleanie Hain had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. But she allegedly had it in plain sight at her daughter's soccer games. Other parents complained, and officials revoked her permit. We do not have word if the referees at her daughter's games were especially careful.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Here is Meleanie's amended complaint according to Rich Banks of PAOpenCarry.org:

--

IN THE COURT OF COMMON PLEAS LEBANON COUNTY,

PENNSYLVANIA CIVIL DIVISION

Meleanie Hain, :

Appellant :

:

:

V. : No. 2008-02149

:

Michael J. DeLeo :

Sheriff of Lebanon County :

Amended Appeal of Revocation of License Issued pursuant to Pa.C.S.A. §6109

And now comes the appellant above-named, by and through her Counsel, Worth, Magee and Fisher, P.C. and files this Amended Appeal from the Decision of the Sheriff of Lebanon County to revoke the License previously issued by the Sheriff to the Appellant pursuant to §6109 of the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act (“UFA”) and, in support thereof, states the following:

1. The Appellant herein is Meleanie Hain, who at all relevant times, resided in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania.

2. The Appellee is Michael J. DeLeo, Sheriff of Lebanon County, with a mailing address at Room 3, Municipal Building, 400 S. 8th Street, Lebanon, PA 17042-6794.

2. In February 2007, upon application of the Appellant, the Sheriff of

Lebanon County, after conducting the investigation set forth in §6109(d) of the UFA, issued to the Appellant a License to Carry a Concealed Firearm;

3. Thereafter, by letter dated September 17, 2008, the Sheriff purported to revoke that license. A true and correct copy of the revocation notice is attached hereto as Exhibit “A”;

4. The aforesaid revocation of the license is improper and unlawful for the following reasons:

a. The Appellant does not fall into any of the specifically enumerated categories of individuals who have lost their eligibility for the license;

b. The Appellant herein, since the issuance of the license, has not committed any act which would authorize or justify the revocation of the license;

c. Neither prior to the initial issuance of the license, nor at anytime thereafter, did the Appellant possess a character or reputation such that she would be likely to act in a dangerous manner to public safety;

d. There is no other good cause for the revocation of a license;

e. The action of the Sheriff in revoking the license is a violation of 18 Pa..C.S. §6120.

dekrev

imported post

What I do not understand:

If a "concerned" citizen is so frightened by my open carry rights - they would call the police...

Now the police - feel a need to "take action"...

Instead of talking to the concerned citizen, so frightened by the concept that this is a legal practice... that there is nothing to fear... the police still feel a need to go after the firearm owner.

Why isnt anyone speaking to the irrational unwashed masses?
This is legal - This is our right...

We cannot be forced to live our lives based on your fears and obsessive behaviors!!! We have our own issues... Mine in particular is to protect my family and excersize my rights. My family goes to the mall... to the Walmart... to a soccer game...

How can we put an end to this nonsense... oh yes... we are doing it now.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

dekrev wrote:
What I do not understand:

If a "concerned" citizen is so frightened by my open carry rights - they would call the police...

Now the police - feel a need to "take action"...

Instead of talking to the concerned citizen, so frightened by the concept that this is a legal practice... that there is nothing to fear... the police still feel a need to go after the firearm owner.

Why isnt anyone speaking to the irrational unwashed masses?
This is legal - This is our right...

We cannot be forced to live our lives based on your fears and obsessive behaviors!!! We have our own issues... Mine in particular is to protect my family and excersize my rights. My family goes to the mall... to the Walmart... to a soccer game...

How can we put an end to this nonsense... oh yes... we are doing it now.
Same kind'a "fears and obsessive behaviors' mindset got 'witches' burnt.

Jardinami

imported post

Sad news just in on our television station that Melanie Hain was just found shot and killed in a murder suicide with her husband Scott. I watch the Channel 21 out of Harrisburg, PA which is local to Lebanon where they lived.