• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How's Port Townsend?

Giggety-Giggety®

imported post

Thanks G27! Do you shoot around Port Townsend? Any good shooting spots?

If you're free G27let's BS and shoot some paper! I'll bring your buddy, G23.:lol:

PoppaGary

imported post

Actually open carry in Port Townsend could be rather, uh, interesting shall we say. Like a lot of cities and towns in the PNW, where it use to be full of conservative down to earth folks, it is now mostly filled with Earth Muffins...aka Hippies, etc. ;)

Makes for great people watching, but could get a fair amount of MWAG calls and such.
The LE should still be "old school" and OK with it.

I have never OC there, but use to spend a good deal of time up there as my Mother had a home there and I still have relatives in the area.

As far as things to do....besides the PT Brewery, there are couple of good taverns around...the Hill Top is an old style tavern and the Back Alley is a nice little hideaway. It has been a while since I have been up there since Mom passed away, so things might have changed with regards to these businesses.

There is the old Fort Worden State Park with some of the old gun batteries in place, the old housing is now vacation rentals and there are mostly Art and Jazz/Music Festivals help on the grounds.

They have an excellent Wooden Boat Festival, held in Sept, but you just missed it,(the 33rd year will held on September 11-13, 2009), for those that like old wooden boats of all sizes and shapes, along with a small street fair.

Nice old Historical homes, smallgolf course and plenty of hiking, boating and such.
Port Angeles just up the road towards the coast has an animal farm and other sites.

Enjoy yourself, it is a nice area up there...Gary

heresolong

imported post

I had to wait for a ferry a few weeks ago and so ended up walking around with my wife for an hour or so. It was night and I was wearing a coat so it was mostly CC but we stopped for coffee at Pizza Pipeline and I OC'd for about half an hour. No comments at all.

Giggety-Giggety®

imported post

Looking forward to it. If any of you guys are around, would you like to meet up? If not that's fine...but I do appreciate all the help and advice.

The wife and I are pretty much strangers to WA. It'll be our first trip.

jeeper1

imported post

There used to be a shooting range in Port Townsend, I haven't been there in more than 3 years so I'm not sure it's still there.
If you are interested in shooting I'm in Sequim 30 odd miles west with plenty of guns needing exercise. Email me if you are interested. My email in in my profile, I think.

just_a_car

imported post

Lumpia is so sarap!!! wrote:
Looking forward to it. If any of you guys are around, would you like to meet up? If not that's fine...but I do appreciate all the help and advice.

The wife and I are pretty much strangers to WA. It'll be our first trip.
I'd love to get together, but Port Townsend is either a 3 hour drive around Puget Sound or, at minimum, a ferry ride and another 45 minute drive (or, two ferry rides with a 15 minute drive to Mukilteo and 30 minute drive time on Whidbey Island)... and ferry rides aren't cheap.

Now, if you make it on over to the civilized side of the state (that's a joke, folks), feel free to let us know and I'm sure we can drum up a few folks in the North Sound area to get together with ya!:)