• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Personalized License Plates

kenny

imported post

Do you have a personalized license plate related to guns? I was over in Lynchburg on business and saw one that said "GOTGUN". I think that said more than any sticker or membership card could.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

VCDL plates come out nest year...

VCDL_Plate.png

VCDL License Plates Postponed Until Next Year!!!

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Getting VCDL license plates approved has been a royal pain due to twists and turns in the law and how the Transportation Committee processes such requests.

It turns out that contrary to our understanding from DMV, we should have gotten signed applications and checks for the plates before the bill came up.

So, we will ask everyone who wants a plate to send us the signed application with a check in the October, November timeframe this year. Those who have signed up on our web page will get an email when the time comes.

[/font]
Click Here To Pre-Order!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ed -

Linky no worky.

Get:

WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)
WebSpeed Agent Error: Agent did not return an HTML page (6383)
Can you fix?
stay safe.

skidmark

mercutio545

imported post

There is an LEO here at VCU who has "SIG9MM" on his POV's plates. Pretty awesome.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

My truck says "I (Heart) TW1NS"

Makes precious little sense on my Suburban. Made plenty of sense on my twin turbo RX-7.

Me and the little lady have "4 VT 16" on our Camaro, on a Virginia Tech tag. My professor and 4 T.A.'s were killed...seemed fitting to get that plate since we bought the car shortly thereafter.

I drive my sister's car more than either of those two cars mentioned above...it says A-GAIL (Abigail)...she also has big pink Hokie Girl stickers as well as VT Sister. Feel like a man's man driving that little Honda around with all that masculinity oozing out of it :dude:

If the VCDL plate goes through, will there be a motorcycle version? I know the SCV have a full size and the tiny bike plate.

sitedzn

imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
Mine says

"LIF NRA"

I always get a real kick out of it when a tailgater figures out what it says. They immediately backk off my bumper.

I'll have to remember that if I get behind you. I'll stay there!:D

Mine says, well, SITEDZN. :p

streetdoc

imported post

The plates that I have are all FireFighter Plates and about my Jeep;

Truck - 2PULJP

Trailer -FOR JEEP

Jeep - JP BFE

If that get VCDL Motorcycle Plates I'll get one of them for the bike.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
What else - YATA HEY

Yata hey
I'm sure you've been asked this before, but I'll ask it again: what does Yata hey mean? Google isn't much help.
It's Lacota Souix - "it's a great day to die" literally.
Very similar in many Native American dialects.

Used both as a war cry and and everyday greeting and salutation like "hi" or "have a nice day."

If you were able to choose between an extrememly bad day and a really great day, which would you select as your last day? Most would select the really good day. So through this convoluted process a great day to die is also a great day to live.

Much of the final meaning depends on the listener and the tone of voice in which it is delivered.

Yata hey

kenny

imported post

Well there goes another topic that has been hijacked. I was hoping for gun related vanity license plates, particularly the one you did not have to give much thought about.

I still think GOTGUN says it all.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kenny wrote:
Well there goes another topic that has been hijacked. I was hoping for gun related vanity license plates, particularly the one you did not have to give much thought about.

Hijacked? :shock:

Seems to me that postings here are on target!

Yata hey

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

kenny wrote:

My bad...saw the topic of "Personalized License Plates" and thought that Personalized License Plates might be the topic...:p

Armed

imported post

Well then, I guess to bring us back towards Kenny'sintent of the post...

Those of you with some kind of plate that identifies you as a gun owner (or having NRA / VCDL stickers or whatever on your vehicle), do you worry that some turd will target your vehicle for abreak in, with the hopes of stealing your firearm?