• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Personalized License Plates

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Armed wrote:
Well then, I guess to bring us back towards Kenny'sintent of the post...

Those of you with some kind of plate that identifies you as a gun owner (or having NRA / VCDL stickers or whatever on your vehicle), do you worry that some turd will target your vehicle for abreak in, with the hopes of stealing your firearm?
No, I'm not. I drive an older vehicle (2001) with an NRA plate that says AMCIT. It will be replaced with a VCDL plate as soon as they're available.

I have bumper stickers to go along with it. In the rear window:

I AM THE GUN LOBBY

My idea of "help from above" is a sniper on the roof

and

EITHER WAY, WE'RE F***ED '08

Never been worried about someone breaking in. The vehicle is a jeep, so almost everything in it is visible. I don't leave the gun in it, usually. If it is, it's locked in my center-of-mass safe, so it has at least some protection.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

Armed wrote:

Those of you with some kind of plate that identifies you as a gun owner (or having NRA / VCDL stickers or whatever on your vehicle), do you worry that some turd will target your vehicle for abreak in, with the hopes of stealing your firearm?

My buddy lived in an apartment complex in Charlotte, NC that had a rash of vehicle break-in's two years ago. Common thread: NRA, Browning, SIG, Springfield...every vehicle that got broken into had a gun related sticker and no other vehicles were touched.

So it does happen...

VaGunTrader

imported post

I use to see a truck in Colonial Heights about 15 years ago with personal plates that read something like -- PACN LED ...or something like that (packing lead)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

WEC = we see, as in been there, done that

SOG - "Studies & Observation Group"

A nice Havana will do thank you.

Yata hey

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Infidel wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:
I'm not worried about being specifically targeted. Most people have no idea what WEC SOG stands for.

Ok Kai,

I'll bite; I have no clue, so what does it say? I can't pick it out.

Sorry Grape, you missed out. :uhoh:

Infidel, it stands for the "Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing". Got the idea for it off of ARFCOM. A buddy and I have been bending flats and machining receivers for semiauto AKs. Now we are sandblasting and parkerizing the same. Also, been putting the parts together for several ARs.

ODA 226

imported post

Armed wrote:

not worried at all! my pistol is always on my belt or in my pocket.

Sheriff

imported post

220265.jpg

Sheriff

imported post

Just an opinion/suggestion: The patriot image should have been to the right or left of the plate. This way anybody with a personalized license plate wouldn't have to break up the letters in their personalization like you have had to do with VCDL.

ed wrote:
VCDL plates come out nest year...

VCDL_Plate.png

VCDL License Plates Postponed Until Next Year!!!

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Getting VCDL license plates approved has been a royal pain due to twists and turns in the law and how the Transportation Committee processes such requests.

It turns out that contrary to our understanding from DMV, we should have gotten signed applications and checks for the plates before the bill came up.

So, we will ask everyone who wants a plate to send us the signed application with a check in the October, November timeframe this year. Those who have signed up on our web page will get an email when the time comes.

[/font]
Click Here To Pre-Order!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It may yet be to the left or right; I'm not certain that's been decided. Many members felt having it in the center was too NRA.

I hope it's to one side or another, so I don't have to break up AMCIT like I do now.

DocV

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
WEC = we see, as in been there, done that

SOG - "Studies & Observation Group"

A nice Havana will do thank you.

Yata hey

WECSOG? Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing.

A nice Dominican would work for me....:celebrate

Sheriff

imported post

Tess wrote:
It may yet be to the left or right; I'm not certain that's been decided. Many members felt having it in the center was too NRA.

I hope it's to one side or another, so I don't have to break up AMCIT like I do now.

The "City of Fairfax" license plate threw their emblem in the middle too.

Bad move for those persons with 4, 5 or 6 letter personalized plates as well.

alnitak

imported post

I don't believe in advertising the fact that I carry or own guns. I'm taking the "grey man" approach.

Perhaps, the downside is that I'm not advocating the RKBA by visual reminders that might make the sheeple more used to it and see it as a common occurance and thus keep them from over-reacting.

Each to his own.