• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming to Visit Your Fine State

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hi all,

I'll be in NC this weekend for a business conference and was wondering if anyone could give me a quick rundown of the OC laws/caselaws etc.

I understand I can't carry into a building that's given notice that firearms aren't allowed.
Also I understand that I can't carry into any event that requires paid admission without permission.
Government buildings are a no go right?

Any I got wrong or need to be clarified would be a great help.

BTW I'm flying into RDU and driving up to Greensboro for the conference.

RayBurton72

imported post

A quick rundown of carry laws (with Cites). (Sorry for the formatting issues)[/b]

[/b]

One warning about open carry in a car: it must be in plain view, usually cited as on the passenger seat or dashboard. In glove box is concealed. In glove box, locked with no key in lock, is usually considered ok, but not gauranteed.[/b]

[/b]

Pure ban (Open or Concealed)[/b]

[/b]

ANY EDUCATION PROPERTY – [/b]A CLASS 1 FELONY[/i][/b][/b]

[align=left]This includes: school buildings, school bus, campus, grounds, recreational area, athletic fields or any property owned, used, or operated by any board of education of school board of trustees…][/align]

[align=left]This includes public and private schools, but NOT Home Schools (NC GS 14‑269.2.)[/align]

[align=left]Assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed [/b](NC GS 14‑269.3)

State[/b] Capitol Building[/b] (and Grounds) [/b]NC GS 14‑269.4.[/b]

Executive[/b] Mansion[/b] (and Grounds) [/b]NC GS 14‑269.4.[/b]

Western Residence of the Governor (and Grounds) [/b]NC GS 14‑269.4.[/b]

[/align]

[align=left]Any of the General Court of Justice ([/b][size=If a court is housed in a building ]containing nonpublic uses in addition to the court, then this prohibition shall apply only to that portion of the building used for court purposes while the building is being used for court purposes) [/b][size=NC GS 14‑269.4.][/b][/align]

[align=left]Parades NC GS 14‑277.2.[/align]

[align=left]Funeral processions NC GS 14‑277.2[/align]

[align=left]Picket lines NC GS 14‑277.2.[/align]

[align=left]Demonstration on private health care facility or on any public place owned or under the control of any state or local government NC GS 14‑277.2.[/align]

[align=left]During any Declared State of Emergency or in the immediate vicinity of a riot (off of one’s own premises.[/b] NC GS 14-288.7]

Concealed ban: (violation is a Class 2 Misdemeanor) All of the above, plus:[/b][/align]

[align=left]Law enforcement or correctional facilities, [/b]NC GS 14‑415.11(c)[/b][/align]

[align=left]Buildings housing only State or federal offices, [/b]NC GS 14‑415.11(c)[/b][/align]

[align=left]Offices of the State or federal government that is not located in a building exclusively occupied by the State or federal government, [/b]NC GS 14‑415.11(c)[/b][/align]

[align=left]Financial institutions [/b]NC GS 14‑415.11(c)[/b][/align]

[align=left]Any other premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises (except state‑owned rest areas or state‑owned rest stops along the highways) [/b]NC GS 14‑415.11(c)[/b][/align]

[align=left]While consuming or under the influence of alcohol (at any level) or controlled substance unless lawfully obtained and taken as prescribed [/b][size=NC GS 14‑415.11(c) ][/b][/b][/align]

[align=left]Without concealed carry permit and a government issued photo ID in their possession (this is a infraction for the first offense, resulting in a fine. In lieu of a fine, permitee may surrender his permit) [/b]NC GS 14‑415.11.][/b][/align]

[align=left]OTHER ISSUES WHEN CARRYING CONCEALED: Declaration to LEO[/b][/align]

[align=left]Failing to announce to LEO that one in a permittee and has a concealed weapon on their person (same as failing to carry permit and ID) [/b]NC GS][/align]