Thread: Everett Libarary

Post imported post

What is the latest on oc carry in the Everett Library? A while back one of our members was asked to leave by the police. This member asked about the library rules and they gave him an letter on library rules. To my understanding the fire arm rules were illegal according to state preemption.

Post imported post

Last I heard he was still having communications with Everetts interim lawyer.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I'd like to see where this goes.
    I'm a librarian.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

WOW this should have been resolved a long time ago. If that library is ran by the city then they can't prohibit firearms, because no city and make their own laws correct? Is not this the rule? There should not be a " waiting on word from their lawyer" StatePreemption

Post imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
    WOW this should have been resolved a long time ago. If that library is ran by the city then they can't prohibit firearms, because no city and make their own laws correct? Is not this the rule? There should not be a " waiting on word from their lawyer" StatePreemption
    This is a typical approach for many Municipalities. Give just enough "lip service" to the complainant for them to quiet down, then ignore the issue. They hope it will be forgotten and then they don't have to take any action.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Perhaps the member's lawyer needs to send a letter to the library asking for an update.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    Perhaps the member's lawyer needs to send a subpoena to the library forcing an update.
    fixed that for ya