• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everett Libarary

phoneguy

imported post

What is the latest on oc carry in the Everett Library? A while back one of our members was asked to leave by the police. This member asked about the library rules and they gave him an letter on library rules. To my understanding the fire arm rules were illegal according to state preemption.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WOW this should have been resolved a long time ago. If that library is ran by the city then they can't prohibit firearms, because no city and make their own laws correct? Is not this the rule? There should not be a " waiting on word from their lawyer" StatePreemption

amlevin

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
WOW this should have been resolved a long time ago. If that library is ran by the city then they can't prohibit firearms, because no city and make their own laws correct? Is not this the rule? There should not be a " waiting on word from their lawyer" StatePreemption
This is a typical approach for many Municipalities. Give just enough "lip service" to the complainant for them to quiet down, then ignore the issue. They hope it will be forgotten and then they don't have to take any action.