• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

douglas county nevada ccw part 2 a little closer

bossten1

imported post

Ok so after posting to this forum and talking to a few trusted people in my area (douglas county),I decided to call the sherriffs office today and ask about my ccw again.the lady was almost as rude on the phone .I dont know if she was the origanal person I talked to but she put me on hold for a while only to come back to tell me that it was not ready,something was wrong ,she didnt know why or wheni would get it.

well I had enough of this answer,so I questioned the fact that if there was something wrong wouldnt they have contacted me?i asked her if she was familar with shall grant within 120 days unless denied?she said I dont know I can transfer you to the investigator if you want.I replied yes please!!! .sure enough a voice mail kicks in.I thought for sure I would be lost in voice mailhell..

he called back an hour later, asked my name ,put me on hold and came back to tell me that someone had put my file on his desk on sept 17th.He hadnt gotten to it., he assumed it was a new file.When I explained it was due back on the 19th he replied "of september?"I said yes .he said when did you apply. i said may 19th he said man you should have had this back a long time ago.he then said ill have to call you back again.he did within ten minutes and explained that he just ran myFBI file and approved it over the phone with me.he said he wouldsend it to the under sherriff today to get signed and i sould have it within the week.that just goes to show that those lazy bitch clerks must have lost my stuff or never turned it in origanlly. they put it on his desk after i had gone in the first time to ask about it.there strong defense make more sense all of the sudden.

anyway thanks to those who replied.hopefully ill have it soon.

unlucky.

calmp9

imported post

bossten1 wrote:
Ok so after posting to this forum and talking to a few trusted people in my area (douglas county),I decided to call the sherriffs office today and ask about my ccw again.the lady was almost as rude on the phone .I dont know if she was the origanal person I talked to but she put me on hold for a while only to come back to tell me that it was not ready,something was wrong ,she didnt know why or wheni would get it.

well I had enough of this answer,so I questioned the fact that if there was something wrong wouldnt they have contacted me?i asked her if she was familar with shall grant within 120 days unless denied?she said I dont know I can transfer you to the investigator if you want.I replied yes please!!! .sure enough a voice mail kicks in.I thought for sure I would be lost in voice mailhell..

he called back an hour later, asked my name ,put me on hold and came back to tell me that someone had put my file on his desk on sept 17th.He hadnt gotten to it., he assumed it was a new file.When I explained it was due back on the 19th he replied "of september?"I said yes .he said when did you apply. i said may 19th he said man you should have had this back a long time ago.he then said ill have to call you back again.he did within ten minutes and explained that he just ran myFBI file and approved it over the phone with me.he said he wouldsend it to the under sherriff today to get signed and i sould have it within the week.that just goes to show that those lazy bitch clerks must have lost my stuff or never turned it in origanlly. they put it on his desk after i had gone in the first time to ask about it.there strong defense make more sense all of the sudden.

anyway thanks to those who replied.hopefully ill have it soon.

unlucky.

I told my brother to call them on the 120 days, but he hesitated. Personally, this is on the investigator's irresponsibility. I would report that the to NSCA. He admitted that he didn't get to it. That's not your problem. They have an obligation to get that permit in your hands within 120 days. They still might try the processing time excuse, but the lady screwed up that excuse and the investigator buckled when you called him on it.

icode

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
Well, good. Glad to hear it.

Unfortunately, the only recourse (as I understand it) is to take 'em to court when they exceed 120 days.
I say leave it alone, I know others will argue, but he's only human just like the rest of us. If you don't get your permit within the week like he promised, that is another story.

calmp9

imported post

The investigator might not be aware that there is a 120 day limit. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. From watching the CCW permit holders' forum on the net, I got the impression that there are some sheriff's who were misinformed on the current Nevada CCW statutes. It really surprised me. If that's the case, it's the Nevada citizen's duty to help them become informed. After he read these two threads by bossten1, he said that he should have inquired in a nice way.

I felt bad for my brother when he was waiting. Waiting 130 days is torture, it was killing him inside. It got to the point where he was beginning to wonder if the phone call would ever come or not.

The good thing is that the investigator admitted not getting to bossten1's app. I am not sure as to how many apps he has on his plate or what his other duties are. I am sure that he is busy too.