• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC breakfast 9/27

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The unscheduled, regularly scheduled OC breakfast day of Sat. is coming around again. If you have a specific location you would like to see us meet or just want to chime in - now is you chance.

By sometime Friday, we will announce this weeks secret site.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

This weeks secret location is - Northside

The River City Diner Sat. 9/27 9:30 AM
Parham and I-95 [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]
803 East Parham Road No RSVP needed[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]
266-1500 Just bring your appetite and OC info cards
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] view map

Good home cooking and friendly atmosphere
No one leaves hungary
[/font]Easy off & easy on from the interstate

Yata hey

Corrected date

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife just went there for breakfast earlier this week with some friends and she said it was delicious!

Count us and our 2.5 kids in. :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Last week I got chewed out for disclosing the secret location of the weekly meeting of The Breakfast Club. This week is Grapeshot's turn to let the cat out of the bag.

Will Molly Ringwald and/or Ally Sheedy show up? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088847/. You have to be there to find out.

[highlight= #ffff88]French[/highlight] [highlight= #88ffff]Toast[/highlight], Waffles or Pancakes available for certain small Infidels. Enough almost-healthy stuff to make RiverRats want to order. Easy access from I-64 and the western hinterlands to allow 67GTsto driveThreeGuns to get there and get back home before the cows need milking again. Safe enough that SFDoc will not need to perform first aidunless you order too much. Too bad it's on the main drag, as opposed to being on a SideStreet. http://www.rivercitydiner.com/Northside/

stay safe.

skidmark

PS - just heard that SFDoc will be out of town, so no first aid available.:(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Thoroughly enjoyed a nice breakfast with good food and great conversation - we were accepted as we have come to expect w/o questions or problems.

It was good to meet bnkrazy and his family including their two children.

Next week Culpeper and the VCDL picnic n' shoot will take priority unless someone else wishes to take up the breakfast reins for that Sat.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

67GT390FBshowed up a few minutes after everyone else and added to the morning's roster.. Nice story about the 35# deer taken near West Point, as well as a few other topics.

We all thanked the two presidential candidates for their contribution to the morning's discussions, and agreed that bnkrazy's kids do not need any more sugar. (In spite of that, both seemed to be well-behaved and were enjoyable companions at table.)

stay safe.

skidmark

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Breakfast was great. Enjoyed meeting you guys as well as the chat. My wife said she saw the folks at the table behind uskeeping an eye onskidmark, but they musta' figured the rest of us were ok.

After breakfast, the family and I headed down to a pretty busy PartyCity and did a bit of shopping for Halloween. I only noticed a couple people glance down at my side, and even they didn't have much of a surprised look on their face. Good times.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Nah, Skid was OK - he had a good nights sleep and took his meds before arriving.

Joe - I think somebody should have made a vest from that deer though - there must have been enough hide for the front at least. How pretty with the little white spots!

Yata hey

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here are a few pics I got.
Image_509.jpg

Image_510.jpg

Image_511.jpg