• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barack Obama/Biden website update with added AWB declaration.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urbanpolicy/
Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Armed

imported post

I can't believe they actually posted that on their website. I expected Obama to duck this one all the way through the election. Perhaps Biden should read this new policy...

rodbender

imported post

Notice the part about keeping guns away from children? What that probably means is, if you ain't got 'em, children can't get 'em.:what:

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

What do we want God to damn, or do we really understand what we are truly saying when we so friviously throw the word around?

Yes it is obvious what they would like to doabout our rights which is to continue to chip away at them till we have none but lets remember this, "Stand tall&Stand proud" because we're gonna win, they aint gonnaget our guns.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Wow, they really said that. Childproof guns is almost more dangerous, at least in my opinion it really is about making firearms unusable by anyone.

Orygunner

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. ...

I may be wrong, but isn't the Tiahrt Amendment part of a LAW?

Can the President repeal laws? I thought that was what the Legislature does?

...Orygunner...

hogleg

imported post

This is what concerns me

"making guns in this country childproof."

How the heck do they plan on doing that? Trigger removed from frame? Locked and disassembled? Ammo stored seperate? Electronic child recognition software in each gun.

I am waiting for the gun issue to start hitting the mainstream within the next month or so.Already starting to see it. Lots of bad info out there. They can only duck so long. Kind of hard to lie when you have it right here in front of you. Wonder what the deffinition of Assault Weapon they are using. ????Semi Auto Firearms?????? Anything above 22 cal. ????

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So he favors national gun registration, eliminating private sale of firearm, ban the keeping of a loaded, functional firearms in homes with children and wants to ban pretty much every semi-automatic weapon. Sounds pro 2A to me :uhoh:

The Donkey

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. ...

I may be wrong, but isn't the Tiahrt Amendment part of a LAW?

Can the President repeal laws? I thought that was what the Legislature does?

...Orygunner...

There are no surprises here.

But also little problem.

Everything Sen. Obama proposes would require a change in law.

None of the changes the website mentions standsmuch chance of getting passed.

This website ain't loaded.

murphy2

imported post

Illegal firearms trade, children getting a hold of guns and idiots that think they control the lives of others (why we need guns)will always be with us. No matter how many laws they pass it will always be there. Just another page will be insertedin the book of bureaucracy. They know they can't outright ban them. So they have to make more criminals,ie.not locking up your firearms, letting your kid shoot them,owning more than a +# of ammo, looking the wrong way atthe peoples police,failing to produce the proper papers......etc. All the reasons they should never get there way! I do wonder if a ban was imposed. How many would appose the ban and not role over?

yeahYeah

imported post

if this moron gets into office, the gun grabbers and media will be pushing hard for this... the propaganda will flow like milk and honey. they are keeping it on the D/L now because more talk on gun bans will hurt the messiuh, but if he gets in...it will hit the fan..

I have custody of my AK's - they are stayin' w/ me.

The Donkey

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
they are keeping it on the D/L now because more talk on gun bans will hurt the messiuh, but if he gets in...it will hit the fan..

How much D/L is:

"They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."?

Well, ain't gonna happen> No ban no matter who gets in!

yeahYeah

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
they are keeping it on the D/L now because more talk on gun bans will hurt the messiuh, but if he gets in...it will hit the fan..

How much D/L is:

"They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."?

Well, ain't gonna happen> No ban no matter who gets in!
sorry - i meant the media. expect all the freaks to really come out if he wins.

hogleg

imported post

So if hisgreatnessObama has all the answers that America needs, why does he have his hacks out all over the country lying to the average folks about how he supports gun ownership. Why not just say. I want to get rid of assault weapons, I want to get rid of concealled carry, I want to get rid of semi automatic firearms. No, instead all we hear is I am not takingyour guns........... What if I have an ASSAULT WEAPON...... GASP! Or heaven forbid, a glock with 30 round capacity mag. :shock:

Tell me you will not pass or sign any gun control law period.... Bet we won't hear that cause it isn't true.

As for his boot licking VP pick. That looser wrote the law to get rid of such firearms. So when he talks about guns on the podium, he talks abouthow Obama aint taking his shotguns away. Like Guns owners are a bunch of backwood kicks that aint edumacated enough to know what he did.

:cuss:

If you can't win telling the truth, LIE!

Here is my Ted Nugent wave to these clowns. you can't see it because it is camouflaged.

hsmith

imported post

We have one big advantage this time around guys: The internet.

Gun owners are CONNECTED this time around. We have a great tool to use and we will need to LEVERAGE it to stop stuff like this.

GWB will sign a AWB if given to him - it is congress holding back for whatever reason (More than likely don't want to shake feathers before election).

We will need to write MORE letters, send MORE faxes, make MORE phone calls. You will have to write on behalf of your parents, your wives, your children. Anything to make it seem like more people care than let on.

Of course, the other side will be trying this, but we care much MORE since we are LOSING rights.