• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search for bank robbery suspect in Chesterfield

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

There is a Chesterfield PD community sub-station just across the parking lot too. Guess the police can't be everywhere though.

I grab a bite at the Wendy's right next door occasionally but won't bank at Wack-ovia because of their anti policy.

Yata hey

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Well, looks like bank robbery season comes early to Richmond this year. Usually its from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Guess the nice warm weather has drawn them out.

We really need to work on the educational system that we have. Its truly a shame that the average bank robber cannot read above a first grade level to understand that guns are not permitted in some banks.Money can be made and lost, but poor reading comprehension is the true crime here my friends :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Well, looks like bank robbery season comes early to Richmond this year. Usually its from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Guess the nice warm weather has drawn them out.

We really need to work on the educational system that we have. Its truly a shame that the average bank robber cannot read above a first grade level to understand that guns are not permitted in some banks.Money can be made and lost, but poor reading comprehension is the true crime here my friends :)
Don't forget all of the other laws that are on the books that their poor reading skills prevent them from comprehending.

Maybe somebody needs to write a book Don't Break The Law - FOR Dummies or pass a law (like we need another one) requiring BGs to learn to read.

Yata hey

ProShooter

imported post

dummiesgw8.png

ProShooter

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Hey! Don't knock Wachovia because you haven't heard them whining or failing - - yet.

When Wachovia asked me, as an account holderfor a $5.00 fee to get a money order for $1.75, I moved on.

Then, and if you are into knowing just how secure your money really is, you'll love this - I went to close out my account. I had the account down to about $30. I walked into a branch I had never been in, and told the guy that I wanted to close my account. I gave him my name, he looked it up and handed me $30. Had to sign some quick form. No id, no asking my SSN, my address, nothing.....

glad it was me withdrawing the $30!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Hey! Don't knock Wachovia because you haven't heard them whining or failing - - yet.

When Wachovia asked me, as an account holderfor a $5.00 fee to get a money order for $1.75, I moved on.

Then, and if you are into knowing just how secure your money really is, you'll love this - I went to close out my account. I had the account down to about $30. I walked into a branch I had never been in, and told the guy that I wanted to close my account. I gave him my name, he looked it up and handed me $30. Had to sign some quick form. No id, no asking my SSN, my address, nothing.....

glad it was me withdrawing the $30!
Isn't that about what the guy did in the OP above? :lol:

Yata hey

AbNo

imported post

Someone should call Wachovia and tell them about this false news story.

Wachovia has a no-guns policy, right? Therefore, there's NO WAY a guy could've held up those tellers with a gun!

sccrref

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Someone should call Wachovia and tell them about this false news story.

Wachovia has a no-guns policy, right? Therefore, there's NO WAY a guy could've held up those tellers with a gun!

I just emailed them the following: This email is to inform you that a newspaper is reporting false information about one of your branches being robbed at gun point. It is a well known fact that your bank has a no gun policy and that it is posted at the entrance to all branches. I feel that this something that you should investigate as it could possibly cause you a loss of customers. http://www.nbc12.com/global/story.asp?s=9071658

Here is the link: https://www.wachovia.com/contact/form/1,,,00.htmljust select: My question is about something else and then type away.:celebrate

like_the_roman

imported post

ProShooter wrote:

It's bank-robbing season in AZ too. My bank (2 miles away) was just targeted this morning (the robbers didn't get any money) - and as luck would have it, as I was about to leave to go to work (which is next door to the bank that was targeted,) the suspects involved crashed their getaway car not 50 feet from my house and left on foot! I took my phone and snapped a picture of the scene after they were caught. Crap like this happens and my parents still say it's a bad idea to carry a gun! I could have easily been at the bank had I left earlier. Scary thought.

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=9073862