• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reality Check - November 2008 By, Gabe Suarez

yeahYeah

imported post

There are lots of people that think martial training should never be connected to politics. That somehow ... it loses its "purity (whatever that is). I think that may be true for strip mall karate schools or cop training venues, but certainly not the case with civilian-focused training schools and companies. Their very life in embroiled in the political process for one simple reason - there are political forces that hate our very existence and would stop at nothing, heller to the contrary, to totally do away with our way of life. To be a martial gun-owner, and be ignorant of politics is like sticking your head in the sand hoping they boogie man will go away. it didn't work for the ostrich and it won't work for you.
I was discussing the American political scene with some Europeans some time back. We basically have two real-politik choices...chicken or beef. You don't get to order fish, or pasta, or some uber-new age veggie plate. Chicken or beef...democrat or republican. In this years menu - Obama or McCain.
You won't get any third party in November. Ron Paul won't win...neither will any other third party guy. Sorry folks. I deal in reality, not in what would be nice. You will either get Obama and the abomination Biden. Or you will get McCain and Palin. I don't like McCain. I don't think he is conservative enough. But I know Ron Paul doesn't have an ice cube's chance in hell. In fact, he has as much chance as I do!!

Its about McCain or Obama.

Obama will raise your taxes so much you will have to cook the books to keep your head above water. You will be more afraid of the IRS than of street gangs! He will marginalize traditional Christianity and Islamize America in the same way as Europe has been. He will go so far to the left in the family values area that you will think homosexual marriage is normal. He will get in bed with every petty dictator on earth, abandon Israel and all our other allies.
He will ban your guns as well as well as your magazines. Probably ammo as well. Probably ban training and make guys like me even more outlaw than we are now. I can't imagine what sort of a traitorous gun-owner could ever possibly vote for a leftist like this guy.
And being a weak little liberal sissy boy, he will get punked by every real-man dictator out there from Chavez to Putin. They will be getting in line for him. Some defender of America he will be!! You want that? If you do, you are no American.
McCain, on the other hand, will be another four years of Bush-like presidency. WHICH WAS NOT BAD! I think McCain could do a better job at it than GW. Until recently (due to the liberal-created housing problem) the economy was fine, gun laws were coming down left and right, and as much as possible....we were doing pretty good. I doubt the Assault Weapon Law would have sunset, or that Heller would have gone the way it did under Gore, Kerry, or Obama.
I could not care less about Iraq and Afghanistan or about Georgia . I don't care one bit about most of the issues these so-called "patriots" incessantly huff and puff about. I do not, however, want and strongly resent, the government putting their hand in my pocket to steal my money.

McCain will steal far less of my money than Obama.

No pig-eared closet communist should be able to decide what guns I can have. Obama will do everything he can to circumvent the Second Amendment, Heller, you name it. If you think Obama is pro-gun, you'd better stop smoking whatever you are smoking!!

McCain will leave my guns alone.....especially with Palin on board.

And in the end....IF (and it is a big fat IF) McCain dies in office, we get Sarah Palin....a fine conservative lady that I would respect and proudly follow (unlike Biden whose fall I would pray for daily).

So there it is.

McCain or Obama....THOSE ARE THE ONLY CHOICES. You don't have to like it, but you do have to recognize it.
In the early nineteen nineties, the conservatives were really dissatisfied with Bush the First. This was right at the end of the Gulf War and right around the time of the riots in Los Angeles . Also the time of the famous line, Read My Lips - No New Taxes. Well, Bush I did in fact raise taxes and did in fact sign several anti-gun laws which soured the conservative base so much that a little pseudo-conservative with a bad haircut named Ross Perot came up and crapped all over the election by diverting votes away from Bush to the Perot Campaign.
The end result of the Perot Effect? Eight years of Bill Clinton by default. We can thank third party votes for Hillary as a matter of fact.
Protest vote? Yep....cut off your nose to spite your face. That'll show em!! Do we need to fix the outdated two party system? You bet we do, but it won't get fixed in November. McCain or Obama? Which would be better in terms of your money and your guns?
But listen...you want to protest....really protest. Do it like the Buddhist monks in Vietnam did in the sixties. Just set yourself on fire on election day. You get to make your statement of protest, and the rest of us don't need to live with the results of your selfishness and irresponsibility.

Gabe Suarez
Suarez International USA, Inc.
One Source Tactical
info@suarezinternational.com
Office 928-776-4492

Spaniard by Heritage
Cuban by Birth
Christian by Grace
American by Choice

Legba

imported post

And I thought Franco died when I was a kid...

-ljp

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I hope so, I just wrote my reps that an 'independant' commission
on this bailout, need 1 dem, 1 rep, and 3 others. ie. Ross Perot, Ralph Nader
(not wild about his policy, but I think he will not stand for the govern corruption)
and maybe Constitution party candidate (normally prefer Libertarian, but Barr is
an insider still). We don't need bipartison coverup, we need majority outsider
to get to the bottom of this.

I was voting for Barr with nose held, but now I will scratch off McCain, and
vote for Palin, and hope.

As for the Biden drop out rumer, how about McCain drops out, and Palin
stays the ticket.

yeahYeah

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
I hope so, I just wrote my reps that an 'independant' commission
on this bailout, need 1 dem, 1 rep, and 3 others. ie. Ross Perot, Ralph Nader
(not wild about his policy, but I think he will not stand for the govern corruption)
and maybe Constitution party candidate (normally prefer Libertarian, but Barr is
an insider still). We don't need bipartison coverup, we need majority outsider
to get to the bottom of this.

I was voting for Barr with nose held, but now I will scratch off McCain, and
vote for Palin, and hope.

As for the Biden drop out rumer, how about McCain drops out, and Palin
stays the ticket.

i like the idea...both of them. Biden leaving would be great...

Orygunner

imported post

If you REALLY want to get a third party into the highest office in the land, what do you think will have more effect?

Throwing a small % of votes at the third party candidate?

Or starting at the bottom and working your way up?

We will NEVER elect a third party candidate for President unless we start getting them into LOWER offices first. City Councilpeople, Mayors, State Legislators, Governors, Federal Legislators, THEN President.

If you are reasonably sure your state is swung enough that your vote absolutely won't matter in the election, then sure, vote for the third party to make a showing that they DO have some support. But if your state is close enough for a handful of votes to matter, what sense does it make to "throw away" your vote?

Whatsoothes your concience more - Voting for who you WANT to win (and can't possibly succeed this time), or helping the greater of two evils win?

...Not that I think McCain/Palin is Evil, I still have a little bit of faith they may actually make things BETTER....
...Orygunner...

like_the_roman

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
And in the end....IF (and it is a big fat IF) McCain dies in office, we get Sarah Palin....a fine conservative lady that I would respect and proudly follow (unlike Biden whose fall I would pray for daily).

This would be the only reason I would ever consider for voting Republican this November, but since AZ is essentially GOP safe I will vote for Chuck Baldwin. If I were in Pennsylvania or Florida, I'd probably hold my nose and pull the lever for McCain.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Anything other than the 'brand Name' candidate... you may as well stay home. This is prob'ly THE most important election of my lifetime... and I'm 65. Obama MUST NOT BE ELECTED. MUST NOT! Screw your pansy feel-good politics... Vote for whom every vote MUST count. Vote McCain-Palin or you will reap a Marxist in the white house with all of his commie cronies.

You've got ONE SHOT! Don't waste it.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
:banghead:

I'm voting Bob Barr. Screw all of those cowards voting for their favorite tyrant. At least I'll have a clean conscience.
I wish that would mean something, but all it does is waste your time and gas to get to the poll. You could stay home and have a clean conscience too. Or you can choose to have an effect and vote for the lesser of two evils :p.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Well I just wrote an Email to Sarah Palin.
While I wanted to vote for her this election, last nights senate vote
has once again reminded me that McCain is as bad as Obama in all
respects. Broke every constitional power in the book in one fell swoop.

Back to Bob Barr, but hope she will run as the ticket top in 4 years.

Every one of those crooks say they want to punnish those responsible,
but cannot punnish the undeserving 'main street'.
Well then cut 500 billion in spending, this will free up money for private
sector borrowing, punnish the corrupt polititions (no vote buying)
and leave wall street hanging.
Wouldn't cost the taxpayer a dime, and would streathen the dolar with a balanced budget. Plus Pelosi is all for it according to her speach.

Where is my tax break for woodden child bullets:cuss: