• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cell phone recording

mpg9999

imported post

I know a group in one state (NH maybe?) has a service setup where they can call a number on their cell phone and it will automatically record the conversation. Almost everyone carries a cell phone, so you don't have to worry about carrying a voice recorder as well. Using a cell phone has the added benifit of storing the recording in a secure location where it can't be destroyed.

Anyways, I came across a website today that appears to offer the service: www.stopcopslying.com Has anyone ever heard of them or used their service? They have a 6 dollar enrollment fee, then its 11 dollars for three years of service. It looks like if you need the recording, they will mail it to you and you have to pay shipping and handling. It would be nice to know how much that is.

hsmith

imported post

I also wonder if Google's Grand Central allows you to do this. I know you can set it up to record every phone conversation that you want.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
mpg9999 wrote:
I know a group in one state (NH maybe?) has a service setup where they can call a number on their cell phone and it will automatically record the conversation.
I think you are speaking about:

http://mail.ioerror.us/mailman/listinfo/porcupine-411

Here is a sample of it's use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI

That;s an impressive network Ed. Who was doing the video taping?
No idea but I too was impressed.. I was expecting the cop to grab the camera any moment or say something like "tun that off or I will take you in for obstruction...etc etc."