• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA - Shooting AR15 w/o Membership

bluer1

imported post

I found my 22lr kit for $535.00. Get them while you can, they will be gone soon. They are quite rare. I've heard conflicting reports on them working properly with the CEMTE, so be wary and do you homework before you buy. That would be a good question for HKPRO.com

David.Car

imported post

bluer1 wrote:
One thing I omitted was with .22lr rifles and any pistols you may have 10 rounds in the magazine.
So I can't even fully load my 9mm mags?

I might be able to understand the semi auto rifle limitation (although for me it would be a rule breaker right away)... But how does the fear of the semi automatic hand gun come into play on this?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Just remember, you can't fix stupid and that's why these rules come into being. Rather than deal with the stupid ones on a one on one basis, the lazy bastards just punish everyone. It's become a standard PC operating policy. Don't punish the stupid guilty ones, it will hurt their tender feelings. So punish everyone by outlawing it all together. Probably why I don't belong to a range anymore.
rolleyes.gif

David.Car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Just remember, you can't fix stupid and that's why these rules come into being. Rather than deal with the stupid ones on a one on one basis, the lazy bastards just punish everyone. It's become a standard PC operating policy. Don't punish the stupid guilty ones, it will hurt their tender feelings. So punish everyone by outlawing it all together. Probably why I don't belong to a range anymore.
rolleyes.gif
I don't belong to a range, but I really enjoy the one I frequent. About 30 minutes out of town, over 1000 yard back stop. Steel targets permanently set up to 1000 yards. You can set up paper out to 100 yards, steel after that. If you own it, and it is WA state legal, you can shoot it there. $5 a day.

bluer1

imported post

That's the problem guys, we've got an "old blood vs. new blood" scenario on the board. Honestly, most of the people on the board I've never even seen at the range shooting. Dictating from the bench, so to speak. But until those folks kick off or relinquish their position, my hands are somewhat tied.

I fully understand your position and I wholeheartedly agree. Please accept my apology and try to understand that I am in fact pulling for you guys every chance I get. Are they going to change the rule soon? I don't know. Am I gaining support within the ranks? Definately.

thewise1

imported post

bluer1 wrote:
That's the problem guys, we've got an "old blood vs. new blood" scenario on the board. Honestly, most of the people on the board I've never even seen at the range shooting. Dictating from the bench, so to speak. But until those folks kick off or relinquish their position, my hands are somewhat tied.

I fully understand your position and I wholeheartedly agree. Please accept my apology and try to understand that I am in fact pulling for you guys every chance I get. Are they going to change the rule soon? I don't know. Am I gaining support within the ranks? Definately.
For what little it's worth, I appreciate you posting about this and telling us about it. I'll definitely check it out since it's so close to home - literally about 5 or 10 minutes away - and I appreciate you being an advocate for us as well.

It probably seems like you're getting kinda flamed here, and it's obviously not your fault, the rules are the rules, so I hope you don't take it personally or anything. I didn't mean to start something like that at all, just offering feedback from a normal guy that is annoyed by rules like that.

Bear 45/70

imported post

bluer1 wrote:

I have a place 30 minutes from my house where the "short" range goes out to 140 yards and I've only had to share 3 times in the last year. The "long" range will go out to 1500, at least that's what the range finder says, but we were only using 700 yards of it last time out. However my days of more than 200 yards are past, eyesight and essential tremor interfere to often anymore. I just don't need more than that and the local range wants a couple hundred bucks and a bunch of my time. For a couple hundred bucks they ain't getting my time too.

bluer1

imported post

If you let me know when you're going, and I'm not RM that day, I can at least introduce myself, shake your hand and shoot a few rounds with you. I'm in lake stevens too, well, kind of. Bunk Foss Rd. just north and parallel to HWY2 and HWY9. It's good to see black rifle guys up here.