• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw my first official open carrier today...

jfrey123

imported post

RENO NV, should've put that in the title of the thread

Ran into a nice enough fella down at the Chevron on South Virginia, close to the In-n-Out. Carried some sort of Ruger P series it looked like. It was my first time seeing it in the city (besides gun club meetings and shooting events) so I made it a point to talk to him outside.

Asked him if he was a cop, or "just a guy", and he reliped to the latter. I asked to shake his hand and say thanks, and he asked "what for?" I mentioned his sidearm and his reply was something to the effect of "Born and Raised in Nevada, or course I'm carrying a gun!"
:cool:

So if you're a member on here, you drive a silver/grey full sized truck and I was driving a silly little box car that my work provides. Just wanted to say howdy and thanks again...

icode

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:

Ran into a nice enough fella down at the Chevron on South Virginia, close to the In-n-Out. Carried some sort of Ruger P series it looked like. It was my first time seeing it in the city (besides gun club meetings and shooting events) so I made it a point to talk to him outside.

Asked him if he was a cop, or "just a guy", and he reliped to the latter. I asked to shake his hand and say thanks, and he asked "what for?" I mentioned his sidearm and his reply was something to the effect of "Born and Raised in Nevada, or course I'm carrying a gun!"

So if you're a member on here, you drive a silver/grey full sized truck and I was driving a silly little box car that my work provides. Just wanted to say howdy and thanks again...
That could have been me if you'd been in Southern Nevada... well that and the nice part :shock:

calmp9

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:

I don't live in Nevada and I have seen several people open carrying in Reno. I saw their firearms and that's it. I didn't want to talk to them or anything like that. No big deal to me. Some people don't like to be approached like that. The only thing that I was interested in was what they were carrying and what type of holster and belt, etc.