• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THR Hijacked by the Server Admin

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Things like this make me appreciate the number of good people here at OCDO. We have our differences and difficulties at times, but eventually they are dealt with in a mature and respectful manner. The owners of this site deserve a lot of the credit for that, too.

Eagleeye

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Things like this make me appreciate the number of good people here at OCDO. We have our differences and difficulties at times, but eventually they are dealt with in a mature and respectful manner. The owners of this site deserve a lot of the credit for that, too.
+1000 :cool:

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
DreQo wrote:
+1000 :cool:
Make that +2000

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Eagleeye

imported post

More Info.

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2008/10/another-update-on-high-road.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, October 3, 2008

Another update on The High Road
Readers are doubtless familiar with my first and second posts on the situation at The High Road (THR) forum. Briefly, the tech support administrator, Mr. Derek Zeanah, has misappropriated the domain name; locked all others except himself and his cronies out of high-level access to the board; and is insisting he shares ownership of the forum. The evidence contradicting his claims is overwhelming, as shown in my earlier posts.

He now appears to have compounded his earlier shenanigans, and added insult to injury. According to Oleg Volk, the (rightful) owner of THR, and also of another forum, Armed Polite Society (APS):
At the start of this week, I asked Derek to make the database of armedpolitesociety.com available to my designates for backing it up to other servers. He dragged his feet but promised to make it available on Thursday. That didn't happen.

When I called him, he said that he was busy. It's the same claim he made to THR staff. Asked when he would make APS database available, he said: "I talked to a couple of moderators on THR and I think it should be part of the whole settlement with THR. I won't release it."

Feel free to publicize this event.

I own armedpolitesociety.com domain name, so I can move the forum. I would prefer to move it with the current content intact. My lawyer will be in contact with his.
If this is the case, then Mr. Zeanah's arrogance can only be described as breathtaking. Not content with stealing one forum, he's now trying to hold a second forum hostage, in the hope it can help him escape the consequences of his criminal actions! As one member of APS commented:
This last step of Derek's was the proverbial last straw. I have refrained from posting as I could not couch my reply in civil terms.

There is no other way to describe Derek's actions other than betrayal, and pure theft. Driven by greed and a massive inferiority complex. I hope you drag him into court and he gets thrown in the pit.

Given enough rope, he will hang himself. I see he has cornered the market on that twisted fiber substance.
Succinctly put!

I've also been trying to find out more about the financial situation at THR. I'm informed that Mr. Zeanah claims that he's borne the costs of THR for a prolonged period, and cites this as grounds for his claim for part- or co-ownership of the forum. However, as stated in earlier posts, I was under the impression that any time money was needed, it had been provided by staff and/or a public fund-raiser. No accounts were ever presented by Mr. Zeanah to support his claims: and no belated or ex post facto accounting now submitted can be accepted as true and accurate. He's had almost six years to submit such accounts, and has never done so. After his recent actions, any retrospective accounting will be immediately suspect, as potentially "cooking the books". I certainly won't accept it as valid or authentic grounds for any claim, and I doubt very much whether others will (particularly the courts).

I was of the opinion that if Mr. Zeanah abandoned his (dishonest and untrue) claim to part- or co-ownership of THR, and returned its domain name and all assets to Oleg, it might be worth allowing him to walk away from the mess he's created. No longer. In the light of these developments, I now believe that only a felony conviction and appropriate jail sentence will adequately address his having compounded his initial crime by his most recent (and equally dishonest) actions.

I've had some useful feedback from my former colleagues in the US Department of Justice. I'll be seeing the local US Attorney next week (I've already made an appointment), and I'll lay all the details before him, with a request that he forward them to whichever US Attorney has the best claim to jurisdiction in this matter (there are three candidates). I'm also aware that at least four District Attorneys have now been contacted, in various jurisdictions, and that matters are in hand to press charges under State laws as well. I'm hopeful that Mr. Zeanah will face multiple criminal charges, in multiple jurisdictions, and be convicted in all of them. (This is, of course, over and above the civil case that Oleg's preparing, which I fully expect him to win, and which should result in substantial damages being assessed against Mr. Zeanah.)

I hope and trust that all law-abiding users of the Internet will note Mr. Zeanah's name, and that of his company, Well Built Networks (as well as any other companies he may currently operate or set up in future). If they know anyone currently using the services of either, or considering using them, I hope they'll advise such current or prospective customers about the present state of affairs concerning THR and APS. It's the responsible (and neighborly) thing to do.

Strange how some people, whom one once thought to be trustworthy and honest, can turn out to be beneath contempt: and even stranger that they can't see the damage they have done, and continue to do, to themselves, their reputation and their future prospects. As the proverb reminds us, "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a complete piece of filth.

If I said what I was thinking about this bozo i'd likely get banned.:cuss:

Blackburn

imported post

Yeah, he used the same tactics against me as her. Good luck trying to tell anyone about it on armedpolitesociety.com, though- Derek still retains control of the site's database and is holding it hostage too!

One of the aforementioned mods who did the same thing to me that someone did to that woman for Derek (I talked with her, and apparently, he gets other people to do most of his dirty work- this bears out with what I learned from the "security consultant" that he tried to get to basically find zero-day sploits on my boxesand then ripped off monetarily) is still active on APS, which might be half the reason. Derek is probably making some "adjustments" to PMs and posts in their database before releasing it to them, if he ever does.

bbr80

imported post

Oleg is taking it a lot better than I would. And a lot slower, but I guess when he gets funds, he will lower the hammer on that domain terrorist. Yes, I said terrorist, and I dont care what you think, Derek is being a terrorist, him being muslim has nothing to do with it.

I personally think he should be strung up, and beat. This kind of theft should not be tolerated. That goes for ANYONE who helped or supported him. Hell, you can look at JShirley's picture on his blog and tell that he is a punk with a big "trust me at your own risk" sign on his head. What was Oleg thinking when he put faith in these 2.

Blackburn

imported post

bbr80 wrote:
Oleg is taking it a lot better than I would. And a lot slower, but I guess when he gets funds, he will lower the hammer on that domain terrorist. Yes, I said terrorist, and I dont care what you think, Derek is being a terrorist, him being muslim has nothing to do with it.

I personally think he should be strung up, and beat. This kind of theft should not be tolerated. That goes for ANYONE who helped or supported him. Hell, you can look at JShirley's picture on his blog and tell that he is a punk with a big "trust me at your own risk" sign on his head. What was Oleg thinking when he put faith in these 2.
Jshirley isn't the only mod that decided to work along with Derek for their own interests.

bbr80

imported post

Jshirley isn't the only mod that decided to work along with Derek for their own interests.

Please Blackburn. Name names. Inquiring minds want to know.

I sure do, that way I know who to stay away from. If anyone sided with DZ, they are in it for their own reasons, to pad their pockets. Anyone who has been aroung the Firearm Forum community since TFL shut down and THR started up, KNOWS who owns THR. And it aint a muslim from Georgia.

And I dont even care what happens to THR, due to the treatment I received by a certain mod, and oleg doing nothing about it. I just hate to see criminals thrive.

I hope oleg goes the whole 9 yards, do not settle out of court. Take DZ through civil and criminal court. If oleg does not, I and others will lose all respect for him.

I

Blackburn

imported post

bbr80 wrote:

Please Blackburn. Name names. Inquiring minds want to know.

It would be the APS mod who accused me of being schizophrenic and that I was actually the one behind the posts on various gun forums accusing me of being a felon and wife-beater. Same MO as other Derek incidents.

They may have ghosted the thread by now, in which case naming a name would be pointless.

Lowtax

imported post

Blackburn- I am inviting you to this topic on thehighroad.us, http://thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=405564, where I would like you to elaborate on Derek's fraudulent dealings with you. Maybe tone it down a bit on Oleg because he's not the bad guy here?

There's too many useful idiots defending the typical muslim- and I only call him that after a lifetime spent fixing business deals gone sour after someone who worships Allah did things much like Mr. Derek.

Lowtax

imported post

Oh, I'd start a new thread about the hijacking- but why bother, when this one already has perfectly good info in it, and my searches revealed no newer discussions on the topic?

Does the jump in dates from 08 to 09 mid-thread really bother people so badly?

Anyway, the High Road situation is pretty bad. Mostly I think it's because the mods there are loath to give up their non-paid (although one could argue otherwise for the moderators who get to advertise their businesses through the most highly regarded firearms forum in the world!) and e-prestigious positions. They claim to be supporting "the website" but the truth really is that most people like being in a position of superiority where they can demonstrate to everyone else how wonderful and intelligent they are. Derek has found his useful idiots indeed..

Pamiam

imported post

This is really sad. THR and a-human-right, and all of the other 2nd Amendment sites founded by Oleg are pioneers and mainstays on the web where firearms rights are concerned. He does this of principle, not financial gain. If he loses, we all lose. This is just wrong.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I really liked Oleg's site, and didn't even know he was involved so much beyond making cool images/posters. I'm not plugged in at all. And yet, I avoided THR, I have never had an account there. Just always had a bad feeling about it.

I even use one of his pictures on my no money, no traffic website...

If I had anything to give, I would. But I'm barely keeping myself off the homeless roster as it is.

Blackburn

imported post

Wow, this is old.

I'm still banned on thehighroad.us, probably because I was banned on thehighroad.org, after I publicly called out Derek for numbers that didn't add up regarding donations to him, server equipment that he claimed to have bought, and prices that he claimed he was paying. IMHO now it is very obvious that he was skimming.

Sorry I can't come, mr lowtax.