• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oct is comming up fast and we need to get a meeting set up

yo101jimmy

imported post

Who would like to pick a place "restaurant" to meet up and time and date???

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Would be great if more people show up!

:monkey:monkey:monkey

ainokea

imported post

pitythefools wrote:
reading some of the posts and conversations I think we need a social worker to be there.

Who is going to be in charge of security?

Who is in charge of wepons and lockers?

How about a pat down?
LOL! But, I think you are trying to trample my right toOC! :lol:I am not sure we need a social worker but a head shrink would be very handy.

ScottyT

imported post

We usually do buffets (anywhere but Golden Corral!) because they can better accommodate larger groups.

If anyone know of a good one, set something up!

I would love it to be on Saturday, October 11, as I will have several friends in town. But that is only 2 weeks from tomorrow, we might want to do it a week later?

I wish Chinese Gourmet wanted our business... I am still mad they turned us down!

What about going back to the Sweet Tomatoes by South Town Mall? That was fantastic!

yo101jimmy

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
We usually do buffets (anywhere but Golden Corral!) because they can better accommodate larger groups.

If anyone know of a good one, set something up!

I would love it to be on Saturday, October 11, as I will have several friends in town. But that is only 2 weeks from tomorrow, we might want to do it a week later?

I wish Chinese Gourmet wanted our business... I am still mad they turned us down!

What about going back to the Sweet Tomatoes by South Town Mall? That was fantastic!
What about the Chinese place on like 70 south and state the old Malboons ???? I like the idea of Chinese ! :)

yo101jimmy

imported post

Also would someone post this on the CC.org site too???

we need someone to take carge of this months meeting and get all the details set up and no im not it! :)

I know that one would be comming!

:monkey

Matai

imported post

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site, but I've been trying to find where the OC'ers get together for their monthly dinners since I read about them in the paper. I'm glad I found this forum.

If you're interested in Chinese (really GOOD Chinese) and you want something in the south end of the valley, may I suggest Joy Luck Restaurant at 10745 S State St in Sandy? These guys have been really cool to CC'ers like me in the past. They've let us use their banquet room for CCW permit classes a few times and their manager is really friendly to gun owners.

You can check out their menu online at http://www.joyluckfoods.com/

Oct 11th works for me. Anybody else?

ScottyT

imported post

If we are going to an actual restaurant instead of a buffet, I would rather do American or Mexican.

Can someone post a thread over at UCC if it hasn't been done already?

We need more input.

ainokea

imported post

Matai wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site, but I've been trying to find where the OC'ers get together for their monthly dinners since I read about them in the paper. I'm glad I found this forum.

If you're interested in Chinese (really GOOD Chinese) and you want something in the south end of the valley, may I suggest Joy Luck Restaurant at 10745 S State St in Sandy? These guys have been really cool to CC'ers like me in the past. They've let us use their banquet room for CCW permit classes a few times and their manager is really friendly to gun owners.

You can check out their menu online at http://www.joyluckfoods.com/

Oct 11th works for me. Anybody else?

Welcome to OCDO!!:celebrate:celebrate Please feel free to post a lot!:celebrate:celebrate Do you OC or CC only?

Matai

imported post

I'll OC that night!

Normally I CC. My office rents space from a bank and they get a little ... nervous when they see a gun. Luckily, there are a lot of former military in my office. My boss welcomes people with permits to carry a weapon so long as it doesn't cause any problems with our landlord.

ainokea

imported post

Matai wrote:
I'll OC that night!

Normally I CC. My office rents space from a bank and they get a little ... nervous when they see a gun. Luckily, there are a lot of former military in my office. My boss welcomes people with permits to carry a weapon so long as it doesn't cause any problems with our landlord.
How long have you been CCing and what do you carry? I've been CCing for 7+ years and CC a Glock 27. I OC a Glock 21 among others.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I open carry a glock 21 C all the time with a LH Serpa holster I love it now about the meet up I have a park in Kearns we could all meet up at will provide a grill park for the kids it will be a pot luck

ainokea

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I open carry a glock 21 C all the time with a LH Serpa holster I love it now about the meet up I have a park in Kearns we could all meet up at will provide a grill park for the kids it will be a pot luck
gunsfreak are you our new post whore? You are going to have some competition when THX gets back from basic.:p

Matai

imported post

I carry a sub-compact Springfield XD 9mm I bought specifically for CC'ing. My favorite holster is my Blackhawk serpa. When my shirt isn't long enough to cover that I have a kydex IWB holster for the XD from Center of Mass Inc. I think I got my permit last November.

Just to get this thread back on topic, though...
I'll call Joy Luck and make sure they're cool with a large group of OC'ers. Assuming the word is "yes", how many of you are up for a get together at a Chinese restaurant this Saturady the 11th?