Thread: Positive OC Experience

Post imported post

'Was loadin' groceries in the back of my Exploder at Fry's... (Silverbell & Cortero in Marana)Some middle aged Asian lady comes over. She says: "OK I stand here with you? That guy ask for money. You got gun... I scared." Some grubby pan-handler (with a cane or walkin' stick) was makin' the rounds. I encountered him comin' in. I said 'Sure'... The guy moved off and she left for her truck in the next parkin' lane. I pulled up in front of Fry's 'n told the guy standin' there... Ithink he was some sort of store security. He said; "Thanks for telling me, I'll handle it... and he went directly toward the parking lot. I s'pose he did 'handle it'.

The presence of a 'gun' gave somebody security. She was 'Asian'... so maybe she can't get her own... but she knew enuff to get to where there was one.

Post imported post

It is interesting to note that even the people who don't like guns are sure glad that one just happens to be around when they need it.

Post imported post

So how does being 'Asian' prohibit one from being able to purchase a firearm? I'm Asian and so is my mother, she never leaves without the G22.

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    The presence of a 'gun' gave somebody security. She was 'Asian'... so maybe she can't get her own... but she knew enuff to get to where there was one.
    Was she an illegal Asian? I dont see how being an Asian would make it impossible to get a firearm.. I've shot alongside many Asian folks at Avery's and Shooter's World.

Where, you, the Government, sends me, , Germany

Post imported post

captdreifus wrote:
    So how does being 'Asian' prohibit one from being able to purchase a firearm? I'm Asian and so is my mother, she never leaves without the G22.

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus
    Slow down, I dont think he meant anythingnegative byit. The OP was just stating that the person was not carrying a gun for unknown reasons and that "Maybe" they were not allowed due to thier national origin.

Overly sensitive?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

fxdwngflyr wrote:
    captdreifus wrote:

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus
    Slow down, I dont think he meant anythingnegative byit. The OP was just stating that the person was not carrying a gun for unknown reasons and that "Maybe" they were not allowed due to thier national origin.

Overly sensitive?
    Yes that is how I read it also. I do not think he was trying to be negative in anyway, also I do not think the other people that replayed felt offended. I see them as just asking why he said what he did. and the "tank-you-pwez-come-'gain" was just too funny.

My wife is from the Philippines and does not have her green card yet, and she can not posses a firearm unless it is in our house. AlsoI do not think she can buy one yet also, because she is not a citizen of the US yet. Maybe he was thinking in this manner

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Oh but anyway very good story, thanks for posting that, I like to hear that people are accepting us more now than ever before.

Post imported post

captdreifus wrote:

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus
    Possibly she was not a citizen... yet. I used to be married to a Thai.

Oh yeah.... She 'said it' just as a wrote it... Verbatim.

Post imported post

I had an interview with the city of mesa today. I had my gun with me, and was going to leave it in the car, but as i got out I saw some kids watching me as I was about to remove it. So I decieded to bring it inside with me. The security at the front desk was really friendly, handed me a key to the lockers, and that was that. No questions, nothing negative at all. It was a good experiance over all. Next maybe I will try the library.

Post imported post

johnz wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Was she an illegal Asian? I dont see how being an Asian would make it impossible to get a firearm.. I've shot alongside many Asian folks at Avery's and Shooter's World.
    I don't know about AZ, but in Michigan it's hard for a legal resident alien to get a gun. Besides, she might have only been visiting, here on a passport for a month or 2.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

'Didn't have much time for chit-chat or any personal histories... 'didn't matter. She percieved a threat. 'Sought some 'percieved' temporary safety with this cowboy lookin' guy (me) packin' a gun... 'n loadin' groceries in his truck.

Maybe she was thinkin' 'John Wayne'... altho I wore a black hat 'n have a 'gunfighter' moustache circa 1880's. I dunno... I'm not wimpy lookin'... (5'11", 180#)