• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC Experience

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Was loadin' groceries in the back of my Exploder at Fry's... (Silverbell & Cortero in Marana)Some middle aged Asian lady comes over. She says: "OK I stand here with you? That guy ask for money. You got gun... I scared." Some grubby pan-handler (with a cane or walkin' stick) was makin' the rounds. I encountered him comin' in. I said 'Sure'... The guy moved off and she left for her truck in the next parkin' lane. I pulled up in front of Fry's 'n told the guy standin' there... Ithink he was some sort of store security. He said; "Thanks for telling me, I'll handle it... and he went directly toward the parking lot. I s'pose he did 'handle it'.

The presence of a 'gun' gave somebody security. She was 'Asian'... so maybe she can't get her own... but she knew enuff to get to where there was one.

protector84

imported post

It is interesting to note that even the people who don't like guns are sure glad that one just happens to be around when they need it.

captdreifus

imported post

So how does being 'Asian' prohibit one from being able to purchase a firearm? I'm Asian and so is my mother, she never leaves without the G22.

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus

johnz

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
The presence of a 'gun' gave somebody security. She was 'Asian'... so maybe she can't get her own... but she knew enuff to get to where there was one.

Was she an illegal Asian? I dont see how being an Asian would make it impossible to get a firearm.. I've shot alongside many Asian folks at Avery's and Shooter's World.

fxdwngflyr

Where, you, the Government, sends me, , Germany
imported post

captdreifus wrote:
So how does being 'Asian' prohibit one from being able to purchase a firearm? I'm Asian and so is my mother, she never leaves without the G22.

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus

Slow down, I dont think he meant anythingnegative byit. The OP was just stating that the person was not carrying a gun for unknown reasons and that "Maybe" they were not allowed due to thier national origin.

Overly sensitive?

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fxdwngflyr wrote:
captdreifus wrote:

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus

Slow down, I dont think he meant anythingnegative byit. The OP was just stating that the person was not carrying a gun for unknown reasons and that "Maybe" they were not allowed due to thier national origin.

Overly sensitive?

Yes that is how I read it also. I do not think he was trying to be negative in anyway, also I do not think the other people that replayed felt offended. I see them as just asking why he said what he did. and the "tank-you-pwez-come-'gain" was just too funny.

My wife is from the Philippines and does not have her green card yet, and she can not posses a firearm unless it is in our house. AlsoI do not think she can buy one yet also, because she is not a citizen of the US yet. Maybe he was thinking in this manner

Sonora Rebel

imported post

captdreifus wrote:

tank-you-pwez-come-'gain

lol

captdreifus

Possibly she was not a citizen... yet. I used to be married to a Thai.

Oh yeah.... She 'said it' just as a wrote it... Verbatim.

kashmirsmp

imported post

I had an interview with the city of mesa today. I had my gun with me, and was going to leave it in the car, but as i got out I saw some kids watching me as I was about to remove it. So I decieded to bring it inside with me. The security at the front desk was really friendly, handed me a key to the lockers, and that was that. No questions, nothing negative at all. It was a good experiance over all. Next maybe I will try the library.

Michigander

imported post

johnz wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Was she an illegal Asian? I dont see how being an Asian would make it impossible to get a firearm.. I've shot alongside many Asian folks at Avery's and Shooter's World.

I don't know about AZ, but in Michigan it's hard for a legal resident alien to get a gun. Besides, she might have only been visiting, here on a passport for a month or 2.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Didn't have much time for chit-chat or any personal histories... 'didn't matter. She percieved a threat. 'Sought some 'percieved' temporary safety with this cowboy lookin' guy (me) packin' a gun... 'n loadin' groceries in his truck.

Maybe she was thinkin' 'John Wayne'... altho I wore a black hat 'n have a 'gunfighter' moustache circa 1880's. I dunno... I'm not wimpy lookin'... (5'11", 180#)