Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Obama campaign tries to get NRA ads pulled'. John R. Lott, Jr.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/0...t-nra-ads.html

Obama campaign tries to get NRA ads pulled

Not content to make its case to the public, the Obama campaign is threatening legal action from its general counsel to make television stations stop running the ads. The Obama campaign cites FactCheck.org and the Washington Post. Yesterday I ran a piece that showed that both of those sources were completely wrong in their claims (see also this). Click on these scanned images of the cease and desist letters to make them larger and readable.

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/F...Ads092408.html

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/0...tcheckorg.html

Post imported post

Click the link to read the actual letter.

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/ObamaLetterNRAAd.pdf

State Researcher

Post imported post

What is a vicious assault weapon?

Post imported post

um, that would be anything more then a single shot .22 rifle.

Post imported post

nObama's no different than any other tin-plated dictator, silence your critics.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

"Barack Hussein Obama is a fanatical opponent of the 2nd Amendment.

Now he wants to gut the 1st!"

I'm Deanimator and I approve this message.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

What kritocratic bull$#!+

So let me get this straight. The NRA is wrong because they called out Obama for supporting a ban on hunting rifles? My EBRis a more effectivedeerkiller than most single shot rifles. Seems kind of funny that almost all deer rounds are "armor piercing when the armor is a police bullet proof vest, designed to stop the large slow handgun round, not the small fast hunting round. Maybe Obama and Biden need a ballistics tutorial.

What is real truth?? Obama and Biden are both colossal gun grabbers, but more importantly Obama shows a gross lack of ethics using lawyers to threaten sanction which would fall under his executive department to enforce if elected.

His evil knows no bounds!!!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    What kritocratic bull$#!+

So let me get this straight. The NRA is wrong because they called out Obama for supporting a ban on hunting rifles? My EBRis a more effectivedeerkiller than most single shot rifles. Seems kind of funny that almost all deer rounds are "armor piercing when the armor is a police bullet proof vest, designed to stop the large slow handgun round, not the small fast hunting round. Maybe Obama and Biden need a ballistics tutorial.

What is real truth?? Obama and Biden are both colossal gun grabbers, but more importantly Obama shows a gross lack of ethics using lawyers to threaten sanction which would fall under his executive department to enforce if elected.

His evil knows no bounds!!!
    If you really dig into the legalities of the issue at hand, and put aside any bias, from a legal standpoint, given the facts, the Obama representatives actually have a case if they can use factual information to back up their claims to the broadcaster.

As much as we may not like Obama or his percieved views on the 2nd ammendment, our feelings on the matter cannot affect or stand in the way of the laws on the books no matter how much we disagree with it. As far as the cases stated in the letter, the Obama representative does have a legal digress against the station if they do not comply with the FCC regulations concerning broadcast of libel, false, or slanderous material that can be prooven such according to the facts in a court of law.

I know that bites, and I know you probably don't like me now or think I am an Obama supporter and a traiter for pointing this out, but I just thought that I would point out the fact that a person's emotional view of a particular topic or situation do not sway the law or disprove the facts as they have been presented.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:

....As far as the cases stated in the letter, the Obama representative does have a legal digress against the station if they do not comply with the FCC regulations concerning broadcast of libel, false, or slanderous material that can be proven such according to the facts in a court of law.....
    Then it seems to me that the tables could be turned on Obama for the same reasons, especially when it comes to his 'stance' on gun rights.

Post imported post

Armed wrote:
    LovesHisXD45 wrote:

....As far as the cases stated in the letter, the Obama representative does have a legal digress against the station if they do not comply with the FCC regulations concerning broadcast of libel, false, or slanderous material that can be proven such according to the facts in a court of law.....
    Then it seems to me that the tables could be turned on Obama for the same reasons, especially when it comes to his 'stance' on gun rights.
    I agree with you on that. Both candidates are guilty of spewing false info and pandering like crazy.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    Armed wrote:
    I agree with you on that. Both candidates are guilty of spewing false info and pandering like crazy.

Kevin
    Woah - stop right there.

If you're suggesting that we prosecute politicians and lawyers for lying there wouldn't be enough lawyers left to prosecute the few remaining politicians!

I propose that the ability to be elected to public office should disqualify a person from holding public office. Merely getting elected to any office higher than mayor of Podunk should be prima facie evidence that you did something crooked.

What, me cynical?
    "Never pick a fight with an old spy. If he doesn't feel like fighting he'll just kill you."

T.S. Eggleston, DmAt, MSI - aka The Eggman
    www.TheEggman.com
    www.TheEgglestonGroup.com

"If You Can't Be Free, At Leat Be Irritating"

Post imported post

Obama essentially opposes the United States Constitution. Personally, I think that he would be content to replace it with the communist manifesto.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    um, that would be anything more then a single shot .22 rifle.
    in a world where a broken pencil sharpener is considered a 'weapon', do you really think they'll 'allow' you to have even a single shot .22? Hell no!

Post imported post

So a polite request (I didn't see any threats, just the request) to stop saying something is now eeeeevil? Huh. Good to know.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    What is a vicious assault weapon?
    The kind that will attack without provocation, as opposed to the docile kind that will onlyattack in self defense or when ordered to,or the kind that will onlybeat you with it's wagging stock.Guns kill people , dude. Haven't you heard?
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm really fed up with the liberal democRats double standard BS.

State Researcher

Post imported post

And here http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/wp_...e_obamaads.pdf is a response to to the acusations that the ads are false.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Obama essentially opposes the United States Constitution. Personally, I think that he would be content to replace it with the communist manifesto.

Post imported post

Goto: http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo

Scroll down and on the right hand column click on Obama wants to ban ads.

His campaign committee wants to ban NRA ads on the radio and TV spelling out his voting records on gun control. I am sending e-mails and snail mail to every gun website I know. Regardless of who you might be supporting, if you want tokeep yourguns and gun rights, there is only one party to vote for.

JOHN McCANN AND SARAH PALIN

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

I've seen at least one nObama supporter who is probably some campaign staffer slamming McCain. Even if you disagree with everything else McCain stands for, think he's too old or whatever, if you are here on this site you are supposed to be a gun owner and support OC.

No one with any brains at all, (especially those who want too at least keep the laws as they are, let alone ease restrictions), should even consider obama. McCain has a less than stellar record, but he at least panders for our vote, opposed the AWB, and supported our side in the SC amicus brief. I'm more than certain obama will do everything he can to destroy the second amendment, confiscate weapons, and even ban imports of ammo. Don't be a moron, if gun rights are an issue to you, and you just can't support McCain, don't vote for the moonbat.

Hell, obama is openly trying to subvert the 1st amendment, do you think he gives a damn about the 2nd?
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Banned

Post imported post

McCain panders for money/poplularity/power (the 1st Duty - of an elect) and if 'Repugnicrats for Gun-control' offered more then he'd pimp for them and throw gun owners under the bus.

Banned

Post imported post

sureshot wrote:
    Goto: http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo

Scroll down and on the right hand column click on Obama wants to ban ads.

His campaign committee wants to ban NRA ads on the radio and TV spelling out his voting records on gun control. I am sending e-mails and snail mail to every gun website I know. Regardless of who you might be supporting, if you want tokeep yourguns and gun rights, there is only one party to vote for.

JOHN McCANN AND SARAH PALIN
    They are not the 'party'. The party is the same one that elected the Bush-41/43 dynasty.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast