• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Obama campaign tries to get NRA ads pulled'. John R. Lott, Jr.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/09/obama-campaign-tries-to-get-nra-ads.html

Obama campaign tries to get NRA ads pulled

Not content to make its case to the public, the Obama campaign is threatening legal action from its general counsel to make television stations stop running the ads. The Obama campaign cites FactCheck.org and the Washington Post. Yesterday I ran a piece that showed that both of those sources were completely wrong in their claims (see also this). Click on these scanned images of the cease and desist letters to make them larger and readable.

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/FoxNewsEvalNRAAds092408.html

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/09/more-problems-with-factcheckorg.html

Deanimator

imported post

"Barack Hussein Obama is a fanatical opponent of the 2nd Amendment.

Now he wants to gut the 1st!"

I'm Deanimator and I approve this message.

Thundar

imported post

What kritocratic bull$#!+

So let me get this straight. The NRA is wrong because they called out Obama for supporting a ban on hunting rifles? My EBRis a more effectivedeerkiller than most single shot rifles. Seems kind of funny that almost all deer rounds are "armor piercing when the armor is a police bullet proof vest, designed to stop the large slow handgun round, not the small fast hunting round. Maybe Obama and Biden need a ballistics tutorial.

What is real truth?? Obama and Biden are both colossal gun grabbers, but more importantly Obama shows a gross lack of ethics using lawyers to threaten sanction which would fall under his executive department to enforce if elected.

His evil knows no bounds!!!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Thundar wrote:
What kritocratic bull$#!+

So let me get this straight. The NRA is wrong because they called out Obama for supporting a ban on hunting rifles? My EBRis a more effectivedeerkiller than most single shot rifles. Seems kind of funny that almost all deer rounds are "armor piercing when the armor is a police bullet proof vest, designed to stop the large slow handgun round, not the small fast hunting round. Maybe Obama and Biden need a ballistics tutorial.

What is real truth?? Obama and Biden are both colossal gun grabbers, but more importantly Obama shows a gross lack of ethics using lawyers to threaten sanction which would fall under his executive department to enforce if elected.

His evil knows no bounds!!!

If you really dig into the legalities of the issue at hand, and put aside any bias, from a legal standpoint, given the facts, the Obama representatives actually have a case if they can use factual information to back up their claims to the broadcaster.

As much as we may not like Obama or his percieved views on the 2nd ammendment, our feelings on the matter cannot affect or stand in the way of the laws on the books no matter how much we disagree with it. As far as the cases stated in the letter, the Obama representative does have a legal digress against the station if they do not comply with the FCC regulations concerning broadcast of libel, false, or slanderous material that can be prooven such according to the facts in a court of law.

I know that bites, and I know you probably don't like me now or think I am an Obama supporter and a traiter for pointing this out, but I just thought that I would point out the fact that a person's emotional view of a particular topic or situation do not sway the law or disprove the facts as they have been presented.

Kevin

Armed

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
....As far as the cases stated in the letter, the Obama representative does have a legal digress against the station if they do not comply with the FCC regulations concerning broadcast of libel, false, or slanderous material that can be proven such according to the facts in a court of law.....
Then it seems to me that the tables could be turned on Obama for the same reasons, especially when it comes to his 'stance' on gun rights.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Armed wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
....As far as the cases stated in the letter, the Obama representative does have a legal digress against the station if they do not comply with the FCC regulations concerning broadcast of libel, false, or slanderous material that can be proven such according to the facts in a court of law.....
Then it seems to me that the tables could be turned on Obama for the same reasons, especially when it comes to his 'stance' on gun rights.

I agree with you on that. :) Both candidates are guilty of spewing false info and pandering like crazy.

Kevin

TheEggman

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Armed wrote:

I agree with you on that. :) Both candidates are guilty of spewing false info and pandering like crazy.

Kevin
Woah - stop right there.

If you're suggesting that we prosecute politicians and lawyers for lying there wouldn't be enough lawyers left to prosecute the few remaining politicians!:)

I propose that the ability to be elected to public office should disqualify a person from holding public office. Merely getting elected to any office higher than mayor of Podunk should be prima facie evidence that you did something crooked.

What, me cynical?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Obama essentially opposes the United States Constitution. Personally, I think that he would be content to replace it with the communist manifesto.

nova

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
um, that would be anything more then a single shot .22 rifle.
in a world where a broken pencil sharpener is considered a 'weapon', do you really think they'll 'allow' you to have even a single shot .22? Hell no!

rodbender

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
What is a vicious assault weapon?
The kind that will attack without provocation, as opposed to the docile kind that will onlyattack in self defense or when ordered to,or the kind that will onlybeat you with it's wagging stock.Guns kill people , dude. Haven't you heard?

FogRider

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Obama essentially opposes the United States Constitution. Personally, I think that he would be content to replace it with the communist manifesto.

picard_rikerWTF-1.jpg