View Poll Results: Which event would you attend: Belle Isle or Ann Arbor?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Belle Isle.

5 20.83%
  • Ann Arbor.

10 41.67%
  • Both.

9 37.50%

Thread: Event Poll.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Answer poll only if you plan on attending (of course depending on day, times etc. which can change peoples ability to attend).

Choose which one you would attend if you could choose only one location.

Choose both if you would try and attend both events.

The poll will be active for 10 days, so vote soon we need to plan something soon.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I have no desire to go to detroit.

I think chances of having to clear leather is rather high there and that is NOT one of my goals in life.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:

I think chances of having to clear leather is rather high there and that is NOT one of my goals in life.
    In Belle Isle, really? I think your chances of clearing leather is rather slim anywhere in the state. But okay. Did you vote for Ann Arbor then?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Yes, I voted A2

Remember years ago where a woman was beatin and to escape she jumped off the bridge?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...s_/ai_17414493

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Yes, I voted A2

Remember years ago where a woman was beatin and to escape she jumped off the bridge?
    Remember years ago that one guy was killed and then he died?

Post imported post

Link added

Detroit is a **** hole filled with animals that need to be put down.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:

Statistically one is more likely to need to clear leather (in my case Kydex) on Belle Isle than in the People's Republic of Ann Arbor, but I've been working on Belle Isle three or four days a week for the past year and never once feared for my safety. I can not say this of my four years in Ann Arbor during my undergrad.

I'm always looking for an excuse to get back up to AA, and Belle Isle is a stone's throw from my house, so I would likely try to make both events, provided there weren't any other conflicts (work, family, whatnot). Voted Both

Post imported post

Voted

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I'm in for the island. Looking forward to meeting everyone. And I can assure you that no-one will chase me off the side of a bridge.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

I'm up for Ann Arbor.

Post imported post

I didn't vote, however, I really would like to attend both events. The only thing in my way-other than funds-is that I have a commitmentto every Friday and Saturday in October. IOW, Sunday is best for me.

Also, if I'm able to attend one or both, I have a nice 8' x 11' Dining Canopy that I can bring.

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    I'm in for the island. Looking forward to meeting everyone. And I can assure you that no-one will chase me off the side of a bridge.
    I personally don't see an issue with the island. Sending out some info to DPD as well as a press release, SHOULD take care of any issues.

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    JeffSayers wrote:
    I personally don't see an issue with the island. Sending out some info to DPD as well as a press release, SHOULD take care of any issues.
    Agreed. Basically, it would be the same as the Warren Event. Hopefully, without the security guards and command post to protect us. :?:X

Post imported post

ttt

Post imported post

if anyone has a police scanner, that might be fun to bring along. I would have liked to have had one at the Warren Picnic just so we could have heard what they were talking about.

Post imported post

a close friend of mine has one.... im trying to get him to come along with me to the next gathering... if he doesnt go then i will have to borrow it from him.

Post imported post

We need more people that would like to come to vote. As it looks now we could have both events and half the people would try to go to both which is nice.

Post imported post

ttt

Post imported post

Post imported post

Just signed up for your forum today as I recently moved to Melvindale. Would love to attend both.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Link added

Detroit is a @#$% hole filled with animals that need to be put down.
    i don't know doug. i work down here 1-2 days a week. it's not that bad in my experience. but then again, maybe i just haven't been in the right spots.

one interesting thing that hashappened: i was working at a detroit public school where a faculty member had 2 wheels stolen of their chrysler 300 at around 10am in a full parking lot. tip: don't park on the end of a row. it makes it easier for them to pull a van along side. they probably have an air compressor on board and it takes them less then a minute to jack your wheels.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    Link added

Detroit is a @#$% hole filled with animals that need to be put down.
    i don't know doug. i work down here 1-2 days a week. it's not that bad in my experience. but then again, maybe i just haven't been in the right spots.

one interesting thing that hashappened: i was working at a detroit public school where a faculty member had 2 wheels stolen of their chrysler 300 at around 10am in a full parking lot. tip: don't park on the end of a row. it makes it easier for them to pull a van along side. they probably have an air compressor on board and it takes them less then a minute to jack your wheels.
    Sssshhhh, stop giving away my secrets for obtaining new tires...really it's hard enough as it is.