• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Event Poll.

Which event would you attend: Belle Isle or Ann Arbor?

• Belle Isle.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ann Arbor.

• Both.

• Total voters

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Answer poll only if you plan on attending (of course depending on day, times etc. which can change peoples ability to attend).

Choose which one you would attend if you could choose only one location.

Choose both if you would try and attend both events.

The poll will be active for 10 days, so vote soon we need to plan something soon.

Venator

imported post

dougwg wrote:
I have no desire to go to detroit.

I think chances of having to clear leather is rather high there and that is NOT one of my goals in life.
In Belle Isle, really? I think your chances of clearing leather is rather slim anywhere in the state. But okay. Did you vote for Ann Arbor then?

cmdio

imported post

dougwg wrote:
I have no desire to go to detroit.

I think chances of having to clear leather is rather high there and that is NOT one of my goals in life.

Statistically one is more likely to need to clear leather (in my case Kydex) on Belle Isle than in the People's Republic of Ann Arbor, but I've been working on Belle Isle three or four days a week for the past year and never once feared for my safety. I can not say this of my four years in Ann Arbor during my undergrad.

I'm always looking for an excuse to get back up to AA, and Belle Isle is a stone's throw from my house, so I would likely try to make both events, provided there weren't any other conflicts (work, family, whatnot). Voted Both

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I didn't vote, however, I really would like to attend both events. The only thing in my way-other than funds-is that I have a commitmentto every Friday and Saturday in October. IOW, Sunday is best for me.

Also, if I'm able to attend one or both, I have a nice 8' x 11' Dining Canopy that I can bring. :uhoh::):lol:

warlockmatized

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I'm in for the island. Looking forward to meeting everyone. And I can assure you that no-one will chase me off the side of a bridge.
I personally don't see an issue with the island. Sending out some info to DPD as well as a press release, SHOULD take care of any issues.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
I'm in for the island. Looking forward to meeting everyone. And I can assure you that no-one will chase me off the side of a bridge.
I personally don't see an issue with the island. Sending out some info to DPD as well as a press release, SHOULD take care of any issues.
Agreed. Basically, it would be the same as the Warren Event. Hopefully, without the security guards and command post to protect us. :?:X

cmdio

imported post

if anyone has a police scanner, that might be fun to bring along. I would have liked to have had one at the Warren Picnic just so we could have heard what they were talking about.

THway

imported post

a close friend of mine has one.... im trying to get him to come along with me to the next gathering... if he doesnt go then i will have to borrow it from him.

Venator

imported post

We need more people that would like to come to vote. As it looks now we could have both events and half the people would try to go to both which is nice.