• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got a question for y'all in NC

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I have Google setup to watch for news and blogs that mention "Open Carry" and one of them brought me to a forum where I found the following statement.

In NC you can open carry...until someone calls the Police. If someone is made "uncomfortable" by you open carrying you can be charged with brandishing a weapon.

I know it is stupid but that is the way it is here.
So, my question is, is the above statement true?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

marine dad

imported post

not true. nc has a remote law on the books called "going armed to the terror of the public." it states clearly that you must:

a. arm yourself on a public highway

b. for the purpose of intimidating or causing panic.

dont have the cites on hand, but they are on here somewhere. i have oc'd all over yadkin and forsyth county and never really gotten even a casual glance. the onlycities i know of with restrictions on oc are Cary, which has some law about the size of the handgun. also, from what i understand from my son being stationed at Camp Lejeune ( jacksonville ) the police there are pretty aggresive about investigating mwag calls

m