Thread: Attorneys Needed For Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network

Post imported post

This spring, the Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, LLC. was formed, and since then, we have enrolled over 400 members from across the nation, armed citizens who recognize the need to be prepared to fight an unmeritorious prosecution or civil lawsuit for the use deadly force in self-defense. Because of this rapid growth, we are now seeking attorneys that would be willing to represent Network members in their first interaction with the legal system in the event they are forced to use deadly force in self-defense.

Consequently, if there are any attorneys on this Internet forum who might be interested in helping other armed citizens with their first contact with police after a shooting. please e-mail me at Mhayes@armedcitizensnetwork.org. Or if the reader knows of an attorney in your area who might want to get involved, please have them contact me. Thank-you.

Marty Hayes, President

The Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, LLC.

www.armedcitizensnetwork.org

Post imported post

• Applicants for membership must provide a copy of a valid concealed weapons permit as a evidence of good character. Non-resident Utah and Florida permits accepted.

What's this about?

Post imported post

So they only allow members that theSTATE (or county) decides have "good character" by getting a CHL?

Oh, I see. On their application they want a copy of CHL or evidence of an "other background check." I wonder what their criteria is? Do they disallow any misdemeanor? Too many tickets?

I may have to Email them and find out what their criteria for membership is. I know they probably just want to keep the punks & thugs out, but it seems a little strange. I thought everyone has the right to self defense...

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Hey guys, relax. We are as pro-gun rights as anyone, and we will accept any legitimate form of background check. We need to keep out the scum, and the Concealed Carry License is the easiest way to do that, as most people joining have a Concealed Carry License. If you don't though, any form of background check is acceptable. If you don't agree with this, then we have no problem with that either, since this is a voluntary association.

Post imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
    Hey guys, relax. We are as pro-gun rights as anyone, and we will accept any legitimate form of background check. We need to keep out the scum, and the Concealed Carry License is the easiest way to do that, as most people joining have a Concealed Carry License. If you don't though, any form of background check is acceptable. If you don't agree with this, then we have no problem with that either, since this is a voluntary association.
    Understandable. Just ironic that this was posted on an OC forum.

Maybe think about changing the requirements on the website?

Post imported post

I chose to post on Open Carry because I believe in the movement and the concept of open carry. We will likely change the requirements at some time in the future, but we have bigger things concerning us now. Thanks for understanding.

Marty

State Researcher

Post imported post

I can see why you guys require a permit or other form of b/g check but, seems to be a bit of a "one trick pony" to me....what about other gun rights related arrests?

Post imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
    I can see why you guys require a permit or other form of b/g check but, seems to be a bit of a "one trick pony" to me....what about other gun rights related arrests?
    You are right. We are a "one trick pony." It is my passion, and the passion of the others involved, that being that people should not be arrested and prosecuted for lawful self-defense. There are many other issues out there of course, but we chose to concentrate on this one.

Marty

Post imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
    Oh cool. Because you effectively ban people from participating if they live in a state that doesn't issue permits.

Being an active bar member isn't "proof" they are of good character I don't know what is.

And staying active bar members is reason enough to assume they aren't of dubious intentions. "Tanking" a defense gets you disbarred, which is enough to ensure that a lawyer doesn't do this because of their ideological differences.

I would have passed this on to a few lawyers, but these silly requirements show this isn't a serious, thought out endeavor.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    Marty Hayes wrote:
    Oh cool. Because you effectively ban people from participating if they live in a state that doesn't issue permits.

Being an active bar member isn't "proof" they are of good character I don't know what is.

And staying active bar members is reason enough to assume they aren't of dubious intentions. "Tanking" a defense gets you disbarred, which is enough to ensure that a lawyer doesn't do this because of their ideological differences.

I would have passed this on to a few lawyers, but these silly requirements show this isn't a serious, thought out endeavor.
    As I said in my post quoted above, ANY FORM OF BACKGROUND CHECK IS ACCEPTABLE. A current bar card would certainly meet this threshold.

Please elaborate as to what you believe is a "silly requirement"

Post imported post

From what I have been advized, The Armed Citizen Defence Network is an outstanding organization. The wife and I will be members in January!
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
    As I said in my post quoted above, ANY FORM OF BACKGROUND CHECK IS ACCEPTABLE. A current bar card would certainly meet this threshold.

Please elaborate as to what you believe is a "silly requirement"
    Well, I apologize then, I do find that acceptable