• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attorneys Needed For Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network

Marty Hayes

imported post

This spring, the Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, LLC. was formed, and since then, we have enrolled over 400 members from across the nation, armed citizens who recognize the need to be prepared to fight an unmeritorious prosecution or civil lawsuit for the use deadly force in self-defense. Because of this rapid growth, we are now seeking attorneys that would be willing to represent Network members in their first interaction with the legal system in the event they are forced to use deadly force in self-defense.

Consequently, if there are any attorneys on this Internet forum who might be interested in helping other armed citizens with their first contact with police after a shooting. please e-mail me at Mhayes@armedcitizensnetwork.org. Or if the reader knows of an attorney in your area who might want to get involved, please have them contact me. Thank-you.

Marty Hayes, President

The Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, LLC.

www.armedcitizensnetwork.org

Orygunner

imported post

So they only allow members that theSTATE (or county) decides have "good character" by getting a CHL?

Oh, I see. On their application they want a copy of CHL or evidence of an "other background check." I wonder what their criteria is? Do they disallow any misdemeanor? Too many tickets?

I may have to Email them and find out what their criteria for membership is. I know they probably just want to keep the punks & thugs out, but it seems a little strange. I thought everyone has the right to self defense...

...Orygunner...

Marty Hayes

imported post

Hey guys, relax. We are as pro-gun rights as anyone, and we will accept any legitimate form of background check. We need to keep out the scum, and the Concealed Carry License is the easiest way to do that, as most people joining have a Concealed Carry License. If you don't though, any form of background check is acceptable. If you don't agree with this, then we have no problem with that either, since this is a voluntary association.

SQLtables

imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
Hey guys, relax. We are as pro-gun rights as anyone, and we will accept any legitimate form of background check. We need to keep out the scum, and the Concealed Carry License is the easiest way to do that, as most people joining have a Concealed Carry License. If you don't though, any form of background check is acceptable. If you don't agree with this, then we have no problem with that either, since this is a voluntary association.
Understandable. Just ironic that this was posted on an OC forum.

Maybe think about changing the requirements on the website?

Marty Hayes

imported post

I chose to post on Open Carry because I believe in the movement and the concept of open carry. We will likely change the requirements at some time in the future, but we have bigger things concerning us now. Thanks for understanding.

Marty

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

I can see why you guys require a permit or other form of b/g check but, seems to be a bit of a "one trick pony" to me....what about other gun rights related arrests?

Marty Hayes

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
I can see why you guys require a permit or other form of b/g check but, seems to be a bit of a "one trick pony" to me....what about other gun rights related arrests?

You are right. We are a "one trick pony." It is my passion, and the passion of the others involved, that being that people should not be arrested and prosecuted for lawful self-defense. There are many other issues out there of course, but we chose to concentrate on this one.

Marty

hsmith

imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:

Oh cool. Because you effectively ban people from participating if they live in a state that doesn't issue permits.

Being an active bar member isn't "proof" they are of good character I don't know what is.

And staying active bar members is reason enough to assume they aren't of dubious intentions. "Tanking" a defense gets you disbarred, which is enough to ensure that a lawyer doesn't do this because of their ideological differences.

I would have passed this on to a few lawyers, but these silly requirements show this isn't a serious, thought out endeavor.

Marty Hayes

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Marty Hayes wrote:

Oh cool. Because you effectively ban people from participating if they live in a state that doesn't issue permits.

Being an active bar member isn't "proof" they are of good character I don't know what is.

And staying active bar members is reason enough to assume they aren't of dubious intentions. "Tanking" a defense gets you disbarred, which is enough to ensure that a lawyer doesn't do this because of their ideological differences.

I would have passed this on to a few lawyers, but these silly requirements show this isn't a serious, thought out endeavor.

As I said in my post quoted above, ANY FORM OF BACKGROUND CHECK IS ACCEPTABLE. A current bar card would certainly meet this threshold.

Please elaborate as to what you believe is a "silly requirement"

FightingGlock19

imported post

From what I have been advized, The Armed Citizen Defence Network is an outstanding organization. The wife and I will be members in January!

hsmith

imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
As I said in my post quoted above, ANY FORM OF BACKGROUND CHECK IS ACCEPTABLE. A current bar card would certainly meet this threshold.

Please elaborate as to what you believe is a "silly requirement"
Well, I apologize then, I do find that acceptable :)