• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: Do you think Sarah Palin is qualified to serve as VP

SANDCREEK

imported post

If GOVERNORPalin is a natural born citizen of the USA , and is at least 35 years old - she is QUALIFIED. Any SUBJECTIVE evaluation of her suitability for the office is a matter of VOTER opinion.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

In terms of protecting gun rights, I think yes. I think 4 of 4 candidates on the major tickets have serious weaknesses in particular areas. However deep down the question is how can she do any worse than the so called experienced politicians who have run this country into the ground.

1CITIZEN

imported post

I am not sure she has the desired experience that an individual only one step away from the Presidency should have. The reason I feel this way is that her level of knowledge and experience in foreign affairs is probably no better than Barrack Obama. However, if some people feel B.O. is ready to be President, Sarah is certainly more than qualified to be Vice President.

FogRider

imported post

As SANDCREEK stated, she is technically qualified. However, the spirit of the question seems to be "Is she suitable". For me, that is a big NO. Everything I have seen about her makes me question her suitability as a governor, much less second in command of the US.

longwatch wrote:
In terms of protecting gun rights, I think yes. I think 4 of 4 candidates on the major tickets have serious weaknesses in particular areas. However deep down the question is how can she do any worse than the so called experienced politicians who have run this country into the ground.
If we are only talking gun rights I would agree with you. As for the question "how can she do any worse than the others", I'd just as soon not find out. Also, "well "X" can't do worse" is (IMHO) a terrible way to go about electing someone.

tarzan1888

imported post

FogRider wrote:
As SANDCREEK stated, she is technically qualified. However, the spirit of the question seems to be "Is she suitable". For me, that is a big NO. Everything I have seen about her makes me question her suitability as a governor, much less second in command of the US.

longwatch wrote:
In terms of protecting gun rights, I think yes.  I think 4 of 4 candidates on the major tickets have serious weaknesses in particular areas.  However deep down the question is how can she do any worse than the so called experienced politicians who have run this country into the ground.
If we are only talking gun rights I would agree with you. As for the question "how can she do any worse than the others", I'd just as soon not find out. Also, "well "X" can't do worse" is (IMHO) a terrible way to go about electing someone.

Qualifications, as we generally use them, are subjective terms.  If you are small minded and don't like someone......they, in your eyes, are not qualified for anything.

Tarzan

Huck

imported post

Palin's experience as Governor of Alaska qualifies her for VPfar more than Biden. What realresponsibilities has Biden had?

FogRider

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
Qualifications, as we generally use them, are subjective terms. If you are small minded and don't like someone......they, in your eyes, are not qualified for anything.

Tarzan
I don't like or dislike Palin, I don't even know her. I simply have not seen anything that I think would make her a good VP.

imperialism2024

imported post

Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I said yes.

First off, any gubernatorial experience requires more leadership than congressional experience. Doing "well" in Congress means that you know how to play well with others.

I also would like to see the role of president reduced to the role it was constitutionally intended. If the Founding Fathers wanted a monarch, I think they would have included that in the Articles or Constitution... The president should be, more or less, an administrator and, as such, doesn't need much more qualification than any other civil service job. Vice president should be little different, but perhaps requires a little more leadership as s/he is also the leader of the Senate.

G

imported post

Huck wrote:
Palin's experience as Governor of Alaska qualifies her for VPfar more than Biden. What realresponsibilities has Biden had?

35 years in the senate for starters... You know, kind of like McCain but I believe Biden has about 10 more years experience than McCain does...

So, what you are telling me is that McCain doens't have the experience to be President or VP for that matter right?

G

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I said yes.

First off, any gubernatorial experience requires more leadership than congressional experience. Doing "well" in Congress means that you know how to play well with others.

I also would like to see the role of president reduced to the role it was constitutionally intended. If the Founding Fathers wanted a monarch, I think they would have included that in the Articles or Constitution... The president should be, more or less, an administrator and, as such, doesn't need much more qualification than any other civil service job. Vice president should be little different, but perhaps requires a little more leadership as s/he is also the leader of the Senate.
Well than, vote for Obama since he is well versed in the Constitution one might say. I mean he did study Constitutional Law at Havard did he not? He also finished with honors and top in his class unlike McCain who finished towards the bottom. The Acadamy, notexactly anIvy League School. Yep, I will takeanelitist anyday of the week especially after 8 disaterous years under the Bush/Cheny Regime!

G

imported post

SANDCREEK wrote:
If GOVERNORPalin is a natural born citizen of the USA , and is at least 35 years old - she is QUALIFIED. Any SUBJECTIVE evaluation of her suitability for the office is a matter of VOTER opinion.
Wasn't she born in Russia? Thats right, she can see Russia from her house...:lol:

Huck

imported post

Dukester wrote:
Huck wrote:

So, what you are telling me is that McCain doens't have the experience to be President or VP for that matter right?

I said nothing of the sort as you can obviously see. Dont put words in my mouth lib.

And 35 years of being a legislater dos'nt even compare to a administrative job, like a Mayor and Governor. I dont care if Biden has 350 years in congress, Palin's time as Mayor and Governor surpass that by light years.

FogRider

imported post

Huck wrote:
And 35 years of being a legislater dos'nt even compare to a administrative job, like a Mayor and Governor. I dont care if Biden has 350 years in congress, Palin's time as Mayor and Governor surpass that by light years.
Statements like that honestly frighten me.

G

imported post

Huck wrote:
Dukester wrote:
Huck wrote:

I said nothing of the sort as you can obviously see. Dont put words in my mouth lib.

Uh.....? Your telling me that Palin asa Mayor and Govenor for not quite 2 years has more experience than Biden who has been in the Senate for 35! There is no absolute comparision. Have you seen any of her interviews? There is a reason why McCain is keeping her away from the Press.She is not the brightest bulb in the pack so to speak, she looks clueless.After all, sheattended 5 diffferent colleges to get a degree in Comunications which is one of the easiest degrees to obtain kind of like Jounalism.