Thread: Open Carry

Post imported post

I live in Michigan and I have asked several police officers, local, county and state if they are aware of the right to open carry in Michigan and they have all answered yes. I asked them if they saw me O.C. what would they do. All I could get from them was, we would probably confront you and ask you what you are doing.I know what to answer but don't know if they would take it to the next step.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

sureshot wrote:
    I live in Michigan and I have asked several police officers, local, county and state if they are aware of the right to open carry in Michigan and they have all answered yes. I asked them if they saw me O.C. what would they do. All I could get from them was, we would probably confront you and ask you what you are doing.I know what to answer but don't know if they would take it to the next step.
    Go to the Michigan Forum and read the new info thread. Most of your questions will be answered there. Each officer will handle each encounter differently yes no? We have many members that OC for thousands of hours with no problems. We had one citation in Grand Haven, but the charged was dropped when they realized their ordinance was illegal. A law suit is in progress.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.