• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

sureshot

imported post

I live in Michigan and I have asked several police officers, local, county and state if they are aware of the right to open carry in Michigan and they have all answered yes. I asked them if they saw me O.C. what would they do. All I could get from them was, we would probably confront you and ask you what you are doing.I know what to answer but don't know if they would take it to the next step.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

sureshot wrote:
I live in Michigan and I have asked several police officers, local, county and state if they are aware of the right to open carry in Michigan and they have all answered yes. I asked them if they saw me O.C. what would they do. All I could get from them was, we would probably confront you and ask you what you are doing.I know what to answer but don't know if they would take it to the next step.
Go to the Michigan Forum and read the new info thread. Most of your questions will be answered there. Each officer will handle each encounter differently yes no? We have many members that OC for thousands of hours with no problems. We had one citation in Grand Haven, but the charged was dropped when they realized their ordinance was illegal. A law suit is in progress.