Thread: Spokane Gun Show

Post imported post

Made me angry today. Angry that I had bought 3 M91/30s from Big 5 when they were on sale last week.

There were some people selling old WWII surplus who didn't seem to know much about any of them. He had 4 91/30s and 3 of them had hex receivers. 2 were 1929 Tulas.

If I hadn't bought the others from big 5 I would have walked out with all 3 of the hex receivers, a M38 and a M44 for .... ONLY $290!!!

1929 Tula - 60

1929Tula - 60

1932 Izhevsk - 60

1944 M44 Izhevsk - 50

Forget the year M38 - 60

DAMN YOU BIG 5!!!

Anyways, I walked out with one of the 1929 Tulas and the M44 for 110 bucks.

Also saw a picture on a board at one of the booths that stood out... Any of this familiar to you guys?

Post imported post

That picture of the girl in blue is one by Oleg Volk, who did all the pictures in our OCDO logo in the top left of every page.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    That picture of the girl in blue is one by Oleg Volk, who did all the pictures in our OCDO logo in the top left of every page.
    I know that is why I took a photo of it. Thought it was funny to spot. Kinda like a unicorn.

Post imported post

I dunno, Oleg's art has become almost universally recognizable within the firearms community as a whole, whether they know the original artist or not.

But, I agree, it's certainly neat to see at a show.

If you have a livejournal.com account, you can add Oleg as a friend and see the stuff he's working on and putting out currently: http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I stopped by there today as well and saw a bunch of the OCDO pamphlets at the Liberatarian booth. It was nice to see that there are people willing to post for freedom.

Post imported post

shy-panda,
    I was working the Libertarian booth until about 1 pm. It was an interesting morning talking with people. Handed out quite a lot of the pamphlets. Maybe get some new members. Also, anyone have comments on the boxed AK-47's they had for $460?

Post imported post

those prices were totally insane, i bought the same model last year for 100 cheaper. I was looking to see if anyone had some at about the same price cause i have been wanting another one but i cant justify paying 500 for an ak. they work fine and everything but the price is just way out of the ballpark of rationality.

Post imported post

I saw those.... I ended up coming away with a Kimber Custom-II though.

Walker

Post imported post

Nice!

Post imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
    those prices were totally insane
    That describes 95% of the Spokane Gun Show every time. Most of the tables are always the same people and even in the same spots. Those people with all the boxed aks have been in that same exact spot, with the same prices for the last 4 shows I have gone too. For me, the fun is in the second room where there seems to be more of the private owners with tables. I also seem to spend a lot of time looking at people walking around to see who has what for sale... From their trunk so to speak.

Post imported post

Thanks shy-panda, yes it is noticeable the price increases even from the last gun show. I ended up getting the Rock Island Armory .45. On a good note the Constitution party guy (don't remember his name) came over and wanted some OCDO pamphlets, so I gave him a bunch. Great conversations with the people at the show.

Post imported post

fetch wrote:
    Thanks shy-panda, yes it is noticeable the price increases even from the last gun show. I ended up getting the Rock Island Armory .45. On a good note the Constitution party guy (don't remember his name) came over and wanted some OCDO pamphlets, so I gave him a bunch. Great conversations with the people at the show.
    Okay, I know the gun show does not allow loaded firearms at the show, and when you enter they zip tie whatever it is you are bringing it. Does anyone know if they would have a problem with someone still wearing the ziptied firearm in a holster?

I tried calling the contact number saturday morning before the show but got no answer. Probably busy.

But for the next show coming up I would like to know if I can just put my clip in my pocket at my car, than lock the slide back and holster, than go like that inside the show.

Post imported post

David.car, I basically saw everything. One guy had two pistols stuffed in his belt without zip ties. The vendors were very good about keeping all their guns zip tied. Another guy (not a vendor) was walking around with an AR, no zip tie and his hand on the trigger guard the whole time. My guess if you have the loaded clips in your pocket and your gun zip tied in its holster then???? I will be at the show in October.

Post imported post

Not sure how it is with whomever runs the guns shows in Spokane, but at the ones run by Collectors West all guns coming in need to be checked, unloaded and zip-tied.

They even have the security guards asking if you have any guns not "declared" once you actually get inside.

Gary

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    Okay, I know the gun show does not allow loaded firearms at the show, and when you enter they zip tie whatever it is you are bringing it. Does anyone know if they would have a problem with someone still wearing the ziptied firearm in a holster?
    That's how I bought the Kimber. I ran into an aquaintance and we started talking. WhenI told him that I was looking for a 1911, he pulled the zip tied Kimber from his belt holster beneath his coat. After I bought the Custom-II, he replaced it with a new Raptor.

fetch: So you are the one that got the RI. I went back to get it, and it was gone. 5-minutes later I had the Kimber.....

Walker

Post imported post

fetch wrote:
    I will be at the show in October.
    I try to go to every one, even if it just means walking around looking for 2 hours. The show before this, only came home with a bumper sticker but it is still enjoyable.

Post imported post

Anyone have a link detailing the time/place of the gun show up there? I haven't been to one in years. (Sorry for the hijack.)

Post imported post

Palouse, here is the event listing for the fairgrounds. It is the 31st thru the 2nd of nov. I will be stumping for Bob Barr at the Libertarian table.

http://www.spokanecounty.org/fair/events.aspx

Post imported post

They seem to occur every 1 to 1 1/2 months, and usually never longer than 3 months between.

Post imported post

Thanks for the info, guys.