• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OC with family today.

seca

imported post

Went to Ace Hardware in Oakwood, Chili's and Target in Flowery Branch today OC the whole time with my wife and 5yo daughter. Only person I saw notice it was a 7 or 8yo boy walking down the isle towards me. He saw my gun on my hip...stopped...then turned around and went the other way.
icon_lol.gif
While checking out I glance over my shoulder and see a guy in a uniform. I thinking great, someone called in MWAG and this guy is going to stop me. Well I took another look and noticed that he was just a Target security guy. badge, flashlight, cuffs, huge target patch on the sleeve..no gun. I didnt know Target has uniformed security. My wife leans over and says " I bet he wishes he could carry."
icon_lol.gif
All and all a very uneventful day. Best part is I have some fantastic Chili's ribs left over I am going to tear into tonight with a nice cold Miller Lite.
icon_biggrin.gif

officerjdc

imported post

I started OCing in Hinesville and Midway during the summer, and I now OC a lot more than I CC. I've yet to have anything more than questions and stares from people. I've walked into the Wal-Mart in Hinesville in front of two different Liberty County deputies and neither of them said a word to me.

From what I see on this board OC is a non-issue in most of the state. We only have a few problem areas where law enforcement will hassle GFL holders over OC.

AML

imported post

There are times when I look like an LEO. Don't ask me why, but I think the majority of people assume you are in some type of law enforcement when they see someone carrying a gun. The majority of the public thinks that you must be to walk around with one. Just my opinion of course.

exgabrit

imported post

I think it's all down to your outgoing presence. if you are dressed well, then no body thinks otherwise. if you look untidy, then people raise an eyebrow.